Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pay

Rate this question

Question

I have a ? about Back pay on a claim, I filed a clam on September of 2007 IBS and Hemorrhoids secondary to my back, I am not getting payed for the date on the clam but for the date sent the new information from my doctor, just wondering if this is the right way it should be done? I also have a big problem with the VA in little rock, my local va office and I called and ask, if the pay date was right on the claim, we looked at some of the date on my clams and they are not the same as the ones they gave me on the decision on my clam.I am going to the VA office in little Rock to find out what is going on, they lost my file when i pissed on one of them on the phone, i called a month later and all my claims had been closed. I went to Little Rock and talked with them and they got opened again, but dates are all messed up which messed up the date, unless it was done on purpose, I hope not.

Thank Ken

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Many a veteran is cheated on effective dates. One trick the VA does is to make your effective date the date of your C&P exam. This is wrong! Sometimes they will tie your ED to the date they receive new evidence on an appeal.

Thanks that is what they did to me, I will talk with them about it, Thanks.

Thanks Ken

• HadIt.com Elder

Ken, the claim date is the date entitlement arose or the date the claim was filed.

I have a question: What date did you file the claim, What date did you send the evidence for the issues, ( Both) and when were you diagnosed with the IBS and the other illness.

John

John the date I was fist got the service connection for IBS and the Hemorrhoids was 6/27/2007, the date the claim for both was started was in march of 2007. The Decision sent to me says (The evaluation of constipation( also the claimed as IBS) is increased to 30 % disabling effective June 12 2008, the date you were seen for increased symptoms, including loss of weight). This was a NOD, but I was payed from Sept of 2008. The hemorrhoids,Decision says The evaluation of hemorrhoids is increased to 10 percent effective Jan 22 2008, the date you were seen at the VAMC for increased symptoms. I hope this will answer your question. They are both secondary to my Back injury.

Thanks Ken

Carlie they were both a NOD,service connection was granted on both the first time, but they both got closed by the VA when the VA rep called me and we had a few words about the way he talked to me on the phone, They got opened again, but that might be the problem who know. Thanks for the help

Thanks Ken