Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cleveland Regional Office Delays Veteran Claim 35 Years.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

In my group therapy, there is a man there who is in a wheel chair (motorized scooter) with braces on each leg. He tells me that he was wounded in Vietnam, and applied for VA benefits with the Cleveland Regional Office in 1973. He further says that he has been awarded NSC Pension, however, even tho the VA wrote a letter saying he was disabled (SC) in 1973, there has been some sort of error and he is not Service connected. He has been trying to get this resolved, for years..even going through congressmen..Veterans Service Officers..everything..and has been unable to get his issue resolved.

His claim is MORE THAN 35 years old. Does anyone out there have a claim older than 35 years? I think Guiness should hear about this one, and send the VARO in Cleveland a "letter of shame" for disrespect to this and all Veterans. I have met this man and am convinced he is "for real"..he seems to welcome the media, etc. to look into this. He just wants what is his. Has anyone out there waited LONGER than 35 years for benefits? If so, please respond..I think the Cleveland Regional Office deserves a "letter of shame" for this.

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Maybe this vet even has basis for CUE some where down the line-

but I got impression he had "war wounds" from Vietnam and has continuously appealed this claim.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Broncovet,

Well, you have us all curious.

Please try to find out the answers to the questions posted here and keep us updated on the status of his situation.

Thanks,

TS Snave

I just submitted a CUE that will go back to 1968. Not sure what will happen but will let you know. Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• HadIt.com Elder

These old decisions from the 60's and 70's are just horrible. You got one or two pages and a rating. No appeal rights, no discussion no C&P exam just a rating based on your military records. If many of these decisions were not defective I would be surprised. Do they reach the level of CUE with a deck stacked against you is the question?

What it took for me to get comped is a Lawyer. I played with the VA for about 7 years & had absolutly no luck. Lawyers charge 20% of back pay but 80% is better than no %

It took my Lawyer( Cark Evans ...Who is now deceased) about 2 years to straighten out the mess I made of things & get it back to the BVA as I just kept going to the highest level with no results.

He got it approved at 100% about 6 months after he got it back there.

I hope this is of some help to this person.

Sincerly,

GARY

gdsnide

i would like to know details of this vet. it is sickening if they have done this to him. wounded in vietnam and in a wheel chair , heads should roll and their names

plastered in news outlets the people who did not approve his claim for 35 years.

i believe it is ass kicking time concerning this guys plight if what i suspect has been going on. that is the way they have done vietnam vets from day one !!

we were always at the bottom of the list!!!!!!!!!!!!