VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Apology To Everyone

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to issue an apology for my post yesterday. I used some trigger words without even thinking about it and attacked a member that has been nothing but helpful to me. I have been trying to stay off here because I am at the end of my line. I am in severe pain and it is hard to talk with anyone these days without yelling at them. I have an upcoming surgery that may or may not do anything for me and it scares me to death. I feel like I am letting my wife and kids down with all my problems. Everyone on here has always tried to help me and other strangers and that is what makes this place special. I let my pain body erupt yesterday and sincerely apologize for that. Thanks for everyone's help and understanding it has made a difference in my life.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to issue an apology for my post yesterday. I used some trigger words without even thinking about it and attacked a member that has been nothing but helpful to me. I have been trying to stay off here because I am at the end of my line. I am in severe pain and it is hard to talk with anyone these days without yelling at them. I have an upcoming surgery that may or may not do anything for me and it scares me to death. I feel like I am letting my wife and kids down with all my problems. Everyone on here has always tried to help me and other strangers and that is what makes this place special. I let my pain body erupt yesterday and sincerely apologize for that. Thanks for everyone's help and understanding it has made a difference in my life.

Brother don't let it take you there though I no at times it feels we have no choice or control over it. I personally know what you mean and anyone worth there salt wont linger on it but help you get where you need to be. Just remember a closed mouth gathers no feet, when you get that way just remember you are only hurting your self and I can assure you its all good here just start moving forward again and you'll feel good again. Good Luck..Yog

takes a man to admit his mistakes . most of people on hadit are suffering from one ailment or another. a lot of the members are in pain emotionally and physically. they understand .

i personally think you are a very good guy and hope you the best.

10-4 No harm no foul. We all have days like that. Many suffer chronic pain too. Hope all goes well with your surgery. Don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day. :rolleyes:

quote name='dav_marine72' date='Feb 11 2009, 08:57 AM' post='130155']

Hi Everyone,

I'm not big on jumping into posts here, but DAV, how many docs have you seen for the back? I'm laying on my couch 4 weeks and 3 days post-op on a L4-5 fusion and I can tell you that every ortho doc I saw said "yep, we need to fuse L4-S1" and I believed them. Both discs were gone so why not do all three.

Well I finally went to a nuerosurgeon who talked to me like an informed patient (he was a nuero for the 101st in the Gulf so we compared notes from our time there). He explained everything to me in laymen's terms and basically said the risk of a multilevel fusion isn't worth it. Like you said, it is a 40% success rate.

I don't know your medical history, but I know that this operation has been a godsend to me so far. I'm a fireman and like you I have just kept working trough the pain for years. Add in some pretty severe PTSD and life just sucks.

The difference as explained to me was "your L5-S1 should be beatup, you've led a hard life. It's the bones of the L4-5 that are causeing 99% of your problems, so why take the added risks of a bilevel fusion?" I will say that I had no fracturs, which makes a huge difference in what they decide to do surgically.

Not trying to talk down to you or anything, just wanted to at least let you know that you aren't alone in that operation. I had to come to terms with the fact that once I was opened up they might have had to do a L4-S1 and my career would be over and I wouldn't know it til I came outta the anesthesia. THAT sucked!

Also, I'm still fighting VA to get SC for the back. That IVDS training letter that has been posted on here was like a golden ticket to the Wonka factory in my mind..... I just hope that my DRO officer agrees.

Either way, good luck and stay strong man.

Semper Fi

Amtracs 1988-94 YAT-YAS

Edited by Quint7

• HadIt.com Elder

Marine:

Hang in there an nothing is better to clear the problems on Hadit than an apology that is sincere apology. I am sure that most on Hadit are on your side.Please stay here its important when you feel bad to know that you have friends.

I edited out one of the trigger words from you post and left it up. Take care you have people here on Hadit that will offer all the help that they can.

• Founder

thank you for the apology and it is accepted, we are glad to have you here and you are not alone.

Hi Everyone,