david walker

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I am a 60% disabled Vet. Recently I noticed the VA was charging my civil insurance for the services they provide. I didn't think they were suppose to charge if you were over 50%?? Plus, how did they get my insurance info, I didn't give it to them??? Thanks

Actually, you are required by law to provide the VA with your medical insurance information. They ask you for this information when you fill out the Form 10-10EZ.

The entire section II of this form is related to your health insurance.

The VA is required by law to take this information and to collect as much as they can in re-imbursment for your medical care.

I just received my last year's "accounting" from the VA as to what was paid by my, at that time, health insurance through my wife's work.

When I became 100% P&T, we dropped my coverage with her employer-provided health insurance, thereby cutting the $300 extra a month it was costing her/us.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

If you don't want the VA to charge you for some SC conditions you often have to fight with them. I am SC'ed for DMII and vascular and heart disease, and yet my insurance gets charged when I got for blood work and twice yearly exams. How can my SC conditions be treated without exams, but the VA fights me and charges my insurance for some of these conditions. When I get up the enegy to fight the VA over this I will do it.

Yes, it was explained to me few months ago that I was required by law to provide private medical insurance while I am still employed, and I do plan to continue on for few more years. Still having fun in my IT profession.

I am @50% now. Didn't have any VA billing issue for many years until about 6 months ago.

> VA will not bill my insurance if it is service connected. That is very clear to me.

> For others(non-service connected), VA sends the bill to my primary 1st. A good example from last month, my VA bill was $3400.00(doctor/ultrasound/lab/etc..). My primary covered w/ remaining balance $800.

* Made a copy

* Went to my nearest VA clinic. The Business Service staff explained to me not to worry about it. He assured me that I will not pay from my pocket.

Gave him 5, and thanked him for the explanation!

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign

• HadIt.com Elder

Not for sure, if insurance was billed prior to the 50% rating, I thought the VA reimburses co-pays for the prior year, if any? I seem to recall that written somewhere. Someone will verify that or I'll research.

The va tried to bill ohi for mammogram as routine womans care. Ha. Turn heads when 'those' are SC.

Cg'up2009!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!