Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Website For Iraq And Afghanistan Vets Only

Rate this question

halos2

Question

www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfapr09/nf042109.htm the story is here and I logged in and saw the "New Website" and blog for them only. It is www.oefoif.va.gov I thought it was only a matter of time. The VA is trying to pit all of us against our brothers and sisters of recent conflicts. They even have a pic with vet and family at a VA in Pa and a big banner "Welcome Home American Heroes"

I remember like yesterday the terrible ways the viet nam vets were treated for many years.

It makes no sense to push anyone ahead unless their condition warrants, ie dying, severe traumatic injuries(severe amputations), blindness, etc. This is the VA doing this not our fellow vets.

For those of us who waited years and tried to "tuff it out" and now get shafted, I feel the pain. Take a number fellow vet, oh you are too old, get at the back of the line. I want to cry, but am cried out now. B)

Edited by halos2

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello everyone, It seems that the VA is trying to drive a wedge within the Veterans organizations and individuals rights. OIF and OEF veterans go to the front of the line. HHHMMMMMMmmmmm. Ok what happens in 2 o3 yrs when we for example send troops to the next country we chase terrorist or maybe a confrontation with Iran or North Korea and then another group of Servicemen are thrown into this conflict. Does the DOD, VA start another "go to the front of the line" remedy. Where do the WW2 , Korean, Vietnam Vets , Desert storm , etc get equal treatment???? Is this constitutionally equal or even legal?? I believe there are some serious legal issues as basic rights of any American. Talk about discrimination. Where is this all going???? Certainly it will do the opposite with the claims backlog. It will make it larger. Just about the time you think the VA is criminal and nuts , then they do something else stupid and causes more hard feelings. I have a main gripe with some organizations that only want "their" little group taken care of. Some of you know who they are and what I am talking about. If Tbird will let me I will post some of these groups. I mean I usually call it plain and simple, black and white. These groups could care less of a veteran unless he was in one specific operation or one war, or conflict. And the VA loves it,,,,,it plays exactly into their plan. We as veterans ,,,,,are exactly that .....VETERANS. None of us are deserved more or deserved less than any other. But now we are divided and the Veterans voice and his/her representation or service in the military, is diluted and has become of none affect. It is exactly as the VA wants.....divide and conquer .... Berta and Clownman ,,,,I agree with you 100 percent. But how can we as Veterans , stop all of this special interest group mentality among our Veterans. It is our duty as Veterans to make sure that ALL veterans are treated equally. It is a shame that the VA cannot have the same standard as Hadit and its family. LEAVE NOONE BEHIND......AMEN TBIRD. Take care , God Bless, and NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

What the VA is saying is that they are not up to the job of caring for Veterans when they do that.

Congress and the Department need to fix it.

• In Memoriam

My Opinion

We have been fighting for improvements in the VA for many years. Change can't start 35-40 years ago. There have been improvements, at the VA, even in the last decade.

The newer Vets see the VA just the way that it truly is, and these newer Vets mistake VA normal operations as discrimination against their Veterans group, thinking that older Vets are getting preference when many of their needs are as or more immediate and not met.

What is much worse is that our Manufacturing Base, that we Prior Vets had, is not there anymore. New Vets don't/won't have a place to go or work unless there is change and manufacturing is rekindled in the US. These new Vets need to keep busy and work their way out of it. Congress had better soon realize this or there is going to be a real mess.

Some of these newer Vets have decided that there is discrimination, and these Vets set-out, on their own, to wage personal secondary war against other Vets. The crusader personalities will be crusader's no matter what is done. They want to belong to something, but they don't feel like they do belong to anything. The VA is putting on a show for these Vets; the Song Still Remains the Same.

By the time the newer Vets figure out what is going on (many years from now), they will know some of us did fight for change and growth in the VA system, for all Vets. To reciprocate with aggression against newer Vets, when I know better, is a waste of my time, life, and is counter productive.

We can at the very least be there for the newer Vets and welcome them home and try to give them as much support as possible even if some of them do seem contrary to veterans as a whole.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my opinion, but this is what I think.

Edited by Stretch

All

its not Just OEF/OIF Vets going to the front of the line its any vet who got out after October 2001. It is global war on terriosm vets no matter where they serverd going to the head of the line. At my last DRO hearing the young DRO brought up the fact the I was A GWOT vet and she would try to work my claim fast. Well August will be 5 years I been fighting the VA so I beleive it all show and no go. I do beleive new VETS get there first rateing quick low ball or denial then get in line with the rest of us

Jim

I was so glad to read the many new posts added here in the last few days. The consensence appears to be...the VA is inept in the way they have/and still continue to handle claims...they think that pitting vet against vet will be beneficial somehow, however we as vets know we have the commonality! We get mad, but not at eachother. We don't take it out on eachother. We need to keep sticking together to fight against a system that is initially so antiquated it is pitiful to still use it.

The VA is possibly running scared and looking for ways to correct a poorly half functioning dilapated system but they need to be developing a fair and just way to do it as I said...by disability/injuries/life threatening/amputations/blindness etc along this line, not what war or conflict you fought in. It needs to be revamped.

The % and diagnostic codes we use now need to fit into the program. The game playing needs to stop. When a vet's claim follows the 3 criteria guidelines( service occurrance, diagnosis, current evidence of the established service occurance continuation) stop looking for ways to deny it when the facts are evident. Grant it and if not enough % and the vet NOD's it, then if there is positive documentation that the grant did not adhere to the regulations then go from there! The VA needs to be and show responsibility to us vets. Remember brothers and sisters united we stand, divided we fall. We will stay united and not allow their game playing to ever divide our plight.

BTY I Still think congress and senate taking pay raise in jan and saying not again till 2011 is wrong too. Why do we all suffer and have to cut back and find ways to "get by" and they still have no $$ worry's. Bad news govt!!

www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfapr09/nf042109.htm the story is here and I logged in and saw the "New Website" and blog for them only. It is www.oefoif.va.gov I thought it was only a matter of time. The VA is trying to pit all of us against our brothers and sisters of recent conflicts. They even have a pic with vet and family at a VA in Pa and a big banner "Welcome Home American Heroes"

I remember like yesterday the terrible ways the viet nam vets were treated for many years.

It makes no sense to push anyone ahead unless their condition warrants, ie dying, severe traumatic injuries(severe amputations), blindness, etc. This is the VA doing this not our fellow vets.

For those of us who waited years and tried to "tuff it out" and now get shafted, I feel the pain. Take a number fellow vet, oh you are too old, get at the back of the line. I want to cry, but am cried out now. B)

All

its not Just OEF/OIF Vets going to the front of the line its any vet who got out after October 2001. It is global war on terriosm vets no matter where they serverd going to the head of the line. At my last DRO hearing the young DRO brought up the fact the I was A GWOT vet and she would try to work my claim fast. Well August will be 5 years I been fighting the VA so I beleive it all show and no go. I do beleive new VETS get there first rateing quick low ball or denial then get in line with the rest of us

Jim

Jim. I have to agree with your statement. I think it's all smoke & mirrors on the VA's part. Such as telling these new Vets we're your friend & U don't need to get on that damn NET...HA

GARY