VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mayday, Mayday, Im Goin Down

Rate this question

SFCTRUCKDRIVER

Question

I am so trying to maintain a sense of humor,

I am not sure when I will be able to get back online, I am borrowing a friends computer.

One day as I came home from work, still in my uniform, wife tells me she wants a divorce and calls cops to evict me. So there I was, a week away from my retirement and homeless. I am sleeping in my truck and at friends homes. I go to Ft Knox and retire, do all the paperword, and on my way home, get a call, it is my Dr. The C and P doc called him, told him to get my approval to transfer records. Come to find out, I have two tumors on my spine down in the L something area where it meets the S something. Great story here is that in ten years I will probably be in a wheelchair paralyzed and peeing or worse all over myself. Did I mention she gave the cops my guns?

So after 22 years in the Army, I am finally a veteran, a homeless one.

I guess the only good thing is my friend Mr PTSD hasnt shown up yet, or is Mr PTSD that new dark friend Mr Depression and not Mr Anger?

If anyone could spare a prayer, I would sure appreciate it, as I am kinda goin through a tough time. Sorry to drop all this, but I need to get it out, I am drowning........

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If it of any solice my thoughts ae with you. Hate to say I have been there also. Good thing I found a woman shortly after that. Things are tough when you get out, remember its been 22 years in a different society. Thing is get settled land a job and begin life and watch and learn. Best to you SFC.

Hang in there sarg. This could be a blessing. when the wind blows and shuts one door, God opens another. I had this happen to me and it was the best thing that ever happen. I met this girl (in truth she came to met me) and I believe we both found what we were looking for. we've been married for 38 years and things just keep getting better. I guess I should thank the girl who dump me but I have a sense of humor also. Sorry girl, you shut the door and God open another one. I know this is tough on you and you are in my prayers.

I am so trying to maintain a sense of humor,

I am not sure when I will be able to get back online, I am borrowing a friends computer.

One day as I came home from work, still in my uniform, wife tells me she wants a divorce and calls cops to evict me. So there I was, a week away from my retirement and homeless. I am sleeping in my truck and at friends homes. I go to Ft Knox and retire, do all the paperword, and on my way home, get a call, it is my Dr. The C and P doc called him, told him to get my approval to transfer records. Come to find out, I have two tumors on my spine down in the L something area where it meets the S something. Great story here is that in ten years I will probably be in a wheelchair paralyzed and peeing or worse all over myself. Did I mention she gave the cops my guns?

So after 22 years in the Army, I am finally a veteran, a homeless one.

I guess the only good thing is my friend Mr PTSD hasnt shown up yet, or is Mr PTSD that new dark friend Mr Depression and not Mr Anger?

If anyone could spare a prayer, I would sure appreciate it, as I am kinda goin through a tough time. Sorry to drop all this, but I need to get it out, I am drowning........

SFC Trucker

been there brother came back from a deployment to hondo in the 90s house empty bank account empty bills not paid 3 weks later trailer i was living in burned down no insureance homeless but at least I still had a job. You need to see a lawyer ASAP . Do you have any children? How long were you marriead for? Get yourself knowledgable on the UFSPA ASAP. Here is a good website www.divorcesource.com All about child support and almonany. If you can get to the base clothing store AFFES sells a good book called military and divorce. You need to try and get divorced ASAP before your VA money kicks in. Judges are not suppose to count that is income but they due. I been thru this two times while in the AF. PM me in you need anything.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

YUP!

I came home.......had been out in the Sinai working on a water purification job......and find the wife all cozy in bed with the missionary from the Southern Baptist Convention. Ten years invested in that one. Had two kids with her. Gave her everything 'cept for my 10 year old Ford F150, it had a camper shell on the back, lived out of it for a while.

When I caught her when it first happened, I couldn't SEE the way clear, I couldn't make sense of anything. Wanted to kill her, then I thought better of that, real quick-like.

But, I did teach her how to pack her stuff, quickly........before the thoughts of chokin the livin crap outta her came back into my mind. Sent her back to Oklafreakinhoma. Ya know, I can't even remember what she looked like.........strange, hadn't even thought about THAT. Hmmmmmm, guess you could say I'm OVER that one, huh?

Got me a "goodun" this time. Thirty-three years in the making. She takes care of me (and I, her, to the best of my ability).

You'll be alright.

It seems to happen a lot these days. I was blindsided as well. I guess I lucked out that she made more money than me, then got hooked on drugs, quit her job, and can't hold a job to save her life now. I got the kids, the house, both cars, and I get to keep my money. But yeah, it is never easy when you have many years invested in something and it is taken from you.

Hang in there! We're all here for you!