Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suggestion

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Mods please chime in

We get convoluted questions here from time to time because people are asking questions for a friend or relative.

Isnt it much better if these individuals simply join us themselves if they have PC access?

What gets me too-is that I sometimes get emails from some of my vets org members telling me they are helping a veteran with a VA claim and then they ask me how to help the veteran-

I send them to hadit.I dont do claims stuff in emails.

Everything they need is here and they get more help than advice from just one person.

I can understand that many dont have access to hadit- but still a lot can be lost or misunderstood when the info goes through 3 rd person.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My father-in-law was a severely disabled and mentally disturbed veteran. I really could not understand why he did not get benefits. His family covered up for him when he did criminal acts due to being nuts. Everytime I tried to help I was told his records burned in the St. Louis fire. I would try to dig deeper and they I was told all his personal records were destroyed in fires he set because he was crazy.

I talked to him about his experience in WWII as a combat marine, but I did not have enough time with him. He died soon after I married his daughter. He was an example of a mentallly disabled vet who could not hold a job and put his family through hell. I will never know the truth, but he did spend years in prison and was probably a TBI victim and a PTSD victim. He believed he was perfectly normal. He was perfectly and dangerously crazy. He tried to get help a few times from the VA but they failed him. He went in the marines at 17 and came back a few years later a humam wreck. They dumped him back into society where he could not function. I say the marines and VA murdered him. He is an example of someone you cannot help just because of time and loss.

civil liability n. potential responsibility for payment of damages or other court-enforcement in a lawsuit, as distinguished from criminal liability, which means open to punishment for a crime

Liability can arise from monetary damages.

You can sue anyone who causes you monetary damages-and even othet types of damages-

I just feel we have to be careful to give the best advise we can.and although we can predict many vets should get awards-we cannot guarantee them that VA will award without a fight.

Carlie I was off hadit almost all day-personal business-because

I just learned many hours ago that I have basis for lawsuit against a state-

The state caused me damages.I found that out today.

I am going to sue them.(if not the state itself- there are individuals I can sue who work for the state)

Just about Any thing and anyone can be liable for damages.Except the Military cant be sued-

THAT should change!

We all need to be careful of the claims advise we give veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I run hot and cold helping with claims issues; depends on how my brain is functioning. But, I have driven vets to doctor's appointments or to a social security office, grocery shopping and the like. And it's true, that not many vets have computer access at home. ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

"Berta,

Do you feel that goes for posting on the internet ? ? ?

carlie"

I will let you know next month Carlie- I am testifying in court against someone who libeled me on the internet here at hadit and there are many other witnesses too that this person libeled at other sites.

I think it comes under making False statements-regardless of what those statements involve.

There is a vet here who has emails from a rep that are incriminating-and can prove the rep gave them false claims info.

This is why accreditted reps who work for state, county, DAV, AL, VFW etc -have liability insurance through the org that employs them.

If they make documented (by net, email, snail mail etc,)false statements as to a claim -that costs the vet money- this is basis for a state court action against them.

PS it is illegal also to quote someone verbatim word for word on the net or elsewhere without revealing the source of who is being quoted.

Any of my posts here can be copied and given to a Rep or NSO handling their claim -I have even suggested that-in a few cases- and the rep or NSO can contact me-if needed-

Edited by Berta