Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t

Rate this topic

luvHIM

• HadIt.com Elder

Now if for some reason you had a heart condition that was possibly SC I would file for that even if I had a 200% rating. You want to file on conditions that might be fatal or so disabling that you will be incapacitated and need help doing basic activites of living. I was already TDIU when I filed for DMII related to AO exposure. This is the kind of disease you want to service connect since it has so many potentially fatal secondary conditions.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for your congrats and advice. I have been thinking and I believe that I will continue to pursue some of my claims. I was just recently sent a VCAA letter regarding my PTSD, which I am definitely going to continue to pursue. I do believe the migraines are a separate condition. The other day I had a real severe case of vertigo after a migraine headach and I had not had that happen before. So, thanks everyone for your input on the pursuit of additional conditions that are possibly sc.

I'm not Carlie, but if you mean when can the VA no longer possibly take away your P&T rating? It's after 20 years.

So "permanent" isn't really so until 20 years have passed....it's part of VA math.

Izzy, I do not negate this statement. It is true that 20 yrs seems to be the majik number. I am just going by my award letter that indicates my condition is Total and Permanent in all caps because fusion from ankylosing spondylitis is irreversible damage.

Also, my chronic lumbosacral strain condition has been service connected since 1978.

Izzy, I do not negate this statement. It is true that 20 yrs seems to be the majik number. I am just going by my award letter that indicates my condition is Total and Permanent in all caps because fusion from ankylosing spondylitis is irreversible damage.

Also, my chronic lumbosacral strain condition has been service connected since 1978.

Thank you luvHIM, this info is good to know so one would not drop their hands in this fight and get sucker punched by VA. :)

The 20 years doesn't start until you get the P&T rating....not when the condition began.

And it doesn't matter if it's in all caps or not...they all are that way.

So, anytime during those 20 years the VA can call those of us with a "P&T" rating in for a C&P exam to see if we are improving. Just how the VA plays their little head games. No wonder we all need sleep meds......

• HadIt.com Elder

Purple:

I choose not to worry about the VA calling me in for a C&P anymore.

Yes we have had discussions and actually TDIU is better protected than P&T some sort of VA logic I guess.

Bottom line is I can not think of a single Veteran who I know who has lost their rating due to the VA deciding a cure had taken place.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use