VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lowes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Same thing here! Lowe's was smart to start doing that. I used my VA card last time. Hey, 10% is 10%!

pr

Lowes offers 10% off with a military ID. I used my pink 100% service connected ID. I will no longer shop at home depot they offer nothing for veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Before you get too hard on Home Depot........they have in place a "Veterans Hiring Initiative" in cooperation with the DOD and the VA, and have hired thousands of vets in the last 5 years.

just sayin'

I am going to have to get a note book and write these things down. I just left Lowes about an hour ago and forgot to ask them about a veterans discount, bad memory, I just don't have it anymore. I also went to sears and bought a few things and contributed to the disabled veterans and got a gift certificate to outback steak house for the amount of the contribution, so it really didn' cost me anything. Helping a vet is my way of giving back what they did for me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Although I like Lowes and the 10% would help plus their sales seem to be a little stronger. Home Depot is 1/2 a mile from me and Lowes is bout 8

• HadIt.com Elder

Home Depot is very vet friendly, even if they don't give us a discount. The two that are in my area are heavily staffed by veterans. That said, I do shop at both. Since I live in a border town, I can go across the line into VA and only pay 5% sales tax versus 9.5% in TN. I have a Lowe's about ten minutes from my house in TN, and go there in a emergency. If I have time to plan a project out, though, and it is going to cost a few hundred bucks or more, I go to Home Depot in VA to save on taxes.