Ssdi Backpay

Rate this question

ltate90

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It took me a couple of weeks too. That was over 6 yrs ago. More population now, so probably longer. Like Carlie posted I too believe 5 mth hold back too. Deposit may beat your letter stating retro amount.

how long does it take to get your ssdi backpay after you received your fully favorable decision? has anyone been through this process before, advice needed.

i called the 800# today at social security and the guy gave me all my financial informaton. he gave me my backpay amount, monthly amount, my kids monthly amounts, what the lawyer was getting, how much they was taking out for medicare. is this a good sign that my money is coming soon.

Caseworker from SSA local office called me on Monday and told me to expect backpay within 30 days. Backpay was in account today for me and my kids. Yippee!! I haven't got the award letter yet.

mom24 congrats , i talked to ssa today and they said finance sent my backpay direct deposit to my bank today and it wasn't there. we talked to the bank on 3 way and it didn't get deposited last night at midnight. so ssa said give it a day or so and then it will show up but my backpay took 20 days from the day i received my decision letter from the alj to get processed. now i just have to wait for it to show up in my bank acct.

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to www.irs.gov and do the SSA worksheet to seeif any of it is taxable.

If the wife makes good money than 80 percent of your ssd is taxable.

Dont worry about the lump sum as it is counted for the years BAckpay is earned and not taxed all at once.

Also if you use an attorney his fees are deductable on your taxes. H@R block missed this one on me and I had to file a correction.

J

It took me a couple of weeks too. That was over 6 yrs ago. More population now, so probably longer. Like Carlie posted I too believe 5 mth hold back too. Deposit may beat your letter stating retro amount.

SSA withheld 6 months on my backpay.

Boondoc