Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Approved!

Rate this topic

mom24

I filed my claim on may 6 and it was sent to quality review on june 5. just got a call this afternoon (on a saturday!) from my caseworker at SSA saying my claim has come back from quality review and is approved!! They gave me an onset date of Dec 01 and she said they should pay me back to that date. I'm not sure about that, though, since earlier this week I talked to someone else and they said they reopened a claim I filed in jan 08 and backpay would be from 12 months prior to that application date. So, I guess I just have to wait and see. I'm cool with either date. My caseworker will call me back monday to take application for my kids and I was delighted to find out they get backpay too, since I wasn't sure about that. Thank you, thank you to those who urged me to apply again after being denied twice!! I feel renewed to tackle the VA TDIU claim now.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI

My back pay went back 24 months expect the back pay.

In my case I received a phone call from SSA about direct deposits and two days latter funds were in back.

do you mean dec 01 as in 1st dec or 2001? Man that will be killer if you get it all the way back to 2001. I think the 12 month thing is right though. But who know's they may have saw you husband not being able to work starting in 2001. That will be a nice check if so. Either way it's a huge win and congrats for a more financially secure life now.

Billy

It is Dec 2001. Yea, that would be nice if they went that far back, but either way is good!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats.

I knew a friend that got 8 years back pay. The guy was such a standup guy that he paid his brother who9 supported him back most of his back pay.

He had a blood cancer disease and had to be very careful what he did. I don't know how but everytime I saw him I felt very calm.He served in Peacetime but the VA took care of him.

My advice is to guard your windfall. But do something nice for yourself. If you have kids they will share half of the money you get paid.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use