Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Approved!

Rate this topic

mom24

• HadIt.com Elder

If they go back to 01, then you were eligible for medicare in 03.

Check into reimbursement of medical bills.

Congrats on the win.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife recently won her SSI case, but we found out that that Medicare/Medicaid doesn't cover anything more than 6 months prior to her award date. Effective date has no meaning to Medicare/Medicaid, which leaves us with hospital and clinic bills we can not pay for the uncovered time period. :angry:

But at least now she has coverage, while we wait & wait for my cases to go through. :D

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

• HadIt.com Elder

Medicare becomes effective after 2 years from the effective date. If you have a back dated award it should go back and pay from effective date of the award. I am talking from memory.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

congrats mom24 on your award and backpay, i found out today i received mine too ( backpay ) they supposed to have deposited last night. but it never showed up, ssa said give it a couple more days and it will be in you bank acct. once again congrats mom24.......

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear Mom:

In an earlier post you said the award was back to onset of 01. 29 months although substantial is not all that you are entitled to get. You might consider an appeal.

Good Luck and I know that 29 months back pay is a nice lick after all the time you waited. Just don't leave a nickle on the table.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use