Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It Is "raining Iu's" Lately

Rate this topic

LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder
I am waiting also ..I just got off the phone with My Union hall . I just made union due payments in the amount of 80 bucks - That Hurts,and was told By my Business agent.. if the VA moves and grants Me IU then I get My pension also. Boy I could use that rain storm also.. Now the "VA "has control on both .. . I get My MRI's done next week at the Buffalo VAMC .. they will see for themselfs how ripped up, I am in the pictures..then I expect a rain storm also.. If they are fair at all.

Macool

If you are not working then the union SHOULD have a dues category for you whereby you only have to pay a couple of bucks to keep your card current.

I know that I've kept my IBEW card for years, paying on-the-back-burner dues, knowing I'd never work again, but proud of my membership!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

After all these years, I too pray for 'IU rain' and its showers on deserving veterans. I celebrate any small amount of dignity the VA feels it can bestow upon clients who have the endurance to run the race. I pray for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice and those that choose to live their life quietly, unobserved, having experienced horrors of what most historians gloss over.

I am thankful to Hadit since 2006 for helping me understand benefits, for energizing me with personal struggles to get whats due and not giving up on my attempts to understand. I have recieved correct increases for my sc disabilities back to day of discharge, so far. From what I read, thats a nearly a miracle in itself! My percentages were sadly low at 20, then with much effort went on to 40, 60, and 90% - thanks to my Hadit family. Now I am a IU candidate. In my opinion all my military, medical and personnel records show since discharge, over a decade, since retirement, since my honorable military career - show that I deserve IU. That my family deserves IU.

Hello? I am Cowgirl, veteran-retired, mother, wife and for 14 years have struggled with Unemployability due to major service connected disabilities.

Edited by cowgirl

Well, even if there is an "IU rain" I doubt if there will be enough to soak into this parched, dried ground of millions of homeless Vets, along with our brothers who have already taken their own life while waiting on their benefits.

Remember, hadit members represent an extremely small sampling of the 25 million Veterans...or even the 1 million or so Veterans waiting on the VA to 'process" their claim.

If I see the number of Vets waiting on benefits reduce from a million, back to about 400,000 where it was when the present administration took office, then I will begin to beleive in an "IU rain".

If the number of backlogged Vets goes backwards..say to 200,000 or less, then I start thinking about doing a "I U rain- dance".

I think the chances of reducing Veteran homelessness to zero in the next 5 years are nearly nil..as I said I will be happy if the backlog stops growing exponentially.

• HadIt.com Elder

We are witnessing a big shift in how the VA operates. I think that we can thank our current Secretary, Congress, the American people, the media and yes the President.

We are witnessing a big shift in how the VA operates. I think that we can thank our current Secretary, Congress, the American people, the media and yes the President.

Well, I can't thank anyone in the government, but I got what I asked for...rain :rolleyes:

Larry, ya knew that was gonna happen...my non-specificity got me that time.

BoonDoc

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use