Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Neurologist Consult Note (attached)

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

Second page states " pain in leg because/began ? in service and did not improve. This is what he handed me and I have an approved fee basis letter from the asheville VAMC to corroborate this note. As in it isn't just something I wrote, they followed through and I did the PT and meds and declined the needle in the back and surgery.

will this carry any weight at my DRO hearing? Evidently they ignored it on my requests for reconsideration.

Note attached front and back on their stationary.

what I actually told them the leg pain increased in 2005, when I began seeking treatment, but my MRI's absolutely demonstrate pre 2005 back injury as explained and pointed out by the doctor referencing light and dark disc fluid.

Edited by cannoncocker

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I mere statement of, "it is just as likely as," will not suffice. The IMO will have to not only include that he has reviewed both the service medical records and any civilain or VA medical records, but that they have also examined you and found that your injuries and limitations were consistant with, as per the CFR schedule of disabilite rating/ which percentage rating that matches your condition. Then they must given their rationale/ reason and basis for their opinion, noting specifics of your case and as to how they apply to his opinion and provide any supporting documentation/treateses that he can along with a history of his schooling, specialtese, experience, and any cirtification in any related specialties that support his knowledge and opinion.

This is why it is hard to get a decent opinion to knock down what the VA uses. Unless the IMO is loaded for bear, even if the Evaluation of your condition came from a NP like mine did, your not like to get a change in their opinion or if your lucky, have your IMO used to outweigh the other VA doctors or C&P examiners opinion during the rating process.

Rockhound Rider

Mr. hound sir: That was an excellent if not daunting treatise on IMO's. So I write this down in a outline form, goto cfr 38 and copy the schedule of disabilite rating and go find somebody that I can afford. However this works out, which I already said, I am continuing this because it is a matter of justice, but this was news I can use . Excellent for a layman such a myself, not assuming I know things I don't.

Not to complain, because I am nothing if not grateful for all the help, but there is a tendency since a lot of you guys know this stuff forward/backards etc. so you tend to leave out details that are neccessary to actually put the advise into action. Not all, but just an observation. Something to ponder when you consider who you are talking to.

thank you very much!

Mr. hound sir: That was an excellent if not daunting treatise on IMO's. So I write this down in a outline form, goto cfr 38 and copy the schedule of disabilite rating and go find somebody that I can afford. However this works out, which I already said, I am continuing this because it is a matter of justice, but this was news I can use . Excellent for a layman such a myself, not assuming I know things I don't.

Not to complain, because I am nothing if not grateful for all the help, but there is a tendency since a lot of you guys know this stuff forward/backards etc. so you tend to leave out details that are neccessary to actually put the advise into action. Not all, but just an observation. Something to ponder when you consider who you are talking to.

thank you very much!

cannon,

This link may be of interest to you.

carlie

http://www.hadit.com/veterans_self_help_guide.html

Edited by carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

cannon,

This link may be of interest to you.

carlie

http://www.hadit.com/veterans_self_help_guide.html

Thank you as always plus I intend to buy Veterans Benefit Manual(VBM) today which will put me up to speed but it really irks me about the idea I am required to pay heaven only knows how much to get some IME to write a report to rebut their IME (who only took x-rays as opposed to MRI's and did not do a slr test, which I failed) paid for with my tax dollars, and who do you think he is going to hop in bed with. Well, with the dude with unlimited funds=US Treasury.

Sorry bout that, got carried away.

Thank you

Edited by cannoncocker

Thank you as always plus I intend to buy Veterans Benefit Manual(VBM) today which will put me up to speed but it really irks me about the idea I am required to pay heaven only knows how much to get some IME to write a report to rebut their IME (who only took x-rays as opposed to MRI's and did not do a slr test, which I failed) paid for with my tax dollars, and who do you think he is going to hop in bed with. Well, with the dude with unlimited funds=US Treasury.

Sorry bout that, got carried away.

Thank you

VBM is a great tool.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cannon

Keep asking your questions because that is how all of us learned what we know. When I came on this site I did not know what TDIU meant. 18 months later I had it. IMO's for the VA are sort of like Freshman English essays. They are more about form than content. You don't always have to get the most expensive IMO, but it has to be in the form the VA will accept. You need the buzz words and phrases. The one that gets lots of claims denied is the lack of a plausible statement that the IMO has reviewed all your SMR's and medical history.

Cannon

Keep asking your questions because that is how all of us learned what we know. When I came on this site I did not know what TDIU meant. 18 months later I had it. IMO's for the VA are sort of like Freshman English essays. They are more about form than content. You don't always have to get the most expensive IMO, but it has to be in the form the VA will accept. You need the buzz words and phrases. The one that gets lots of claims denied is the lack of a plausible statement that the IMO has reviewed all your SMR's and medical history.

That is very true about different ranges of IMO costs of course. I just, well any body thats read this forum for a bit can feel the frustration mounting. Again, as I have said I could just walk away but I refuse to just give them a win.

Such Wise words and I had forgotten that honestly, the form over fuction aspect, which is going to be my primary rating mark on who I pay to do the IMO. I have mentioned I worked for years in their DAC world and their is no greater truth than that.

Beyond the knowledge I gained here, the encouragement is just as important because if you don't follow through you might as well know nothing about it.

Where are my tissues? No, I really do appreciate the considerable help you provide here. And remember, get behind the canon when it is fired, not out front or even with the muzzle or you will bust your ears. Ear plugs right, what did you say?

Thank you John