• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eyeglasses

Rate this topic

babyray

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last Friday for my exam, and free glasses. My VA's Optometry clinic has changed some. They have a private contractor working in house VA now. A whole lot more friendly that the old crew, I guess they have an incentive to treat vets well, $.

They used to give you a pair every year, but have gone to every two years. I have photophobia secondary to SC disability and used to get Sunglasses too, but that's changed. If I pushed it I believe I could get the shades.

I'm glad that you got your refraction, and are getting glasses. Every benefit that saves us money is great! :o

BTW, does the NOVA not have a optical clinic in house, I've never had to go out of VA to get my glasses.

Thx, I did not know that you got them every 2 years. BTW, NOVA does not have a in house optical clinic for the dispensing of eyeglasses since Hurricane Katrina. They examine your eyes and send you to a contracted vendor to fill your presc and give you glasses w/ a voucher.

babyray

Edited by babyray

Just made my eye appt...Oct 28th, soonest they had. Lady said I was still within my "2 year window" so I didn't need a new referral. Apparently (at Dayton anyway) if it's been more than 2 years you have to start all over again with a new referral from your PCP.

Everything's just been getting more and more fuzzy and LOTS more floaters....ugh. Getting old sucks.

who commented that he just got his "no-line trifocals" from the VA there. I didn't know they did the "no-line" glasses...

They didn't offer them for free to me, I would have had to pay $128 for them in a poly. lens.

I wear contacts most of the time, but need a pair around, but the regular standard lens is fine for me.

I appreciate my free glasses though, for sure.

BoonDoc

Boondoc-

Maybe it's different at each VA.....shouldn't be though.....or do you go to Dayton also??

You would think they'd be the same. If I could get the better pair free I'd jump on them.

No don't use Dayton.

BoonDoc

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use