VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally! Some Success With The Vietnam Veteran I've Been Helping...

Rate this topic

Troy Spurlock

I've been helping a Vietnam veteran since January 2008 with three specific claims; one of which was recently ruled upon in his favor.

Of course this action didn't take place until after I sent a 156 page report to our Senator requesting Congressional assistance in getting the VA to stop stonewalling us. Shortly therafter he was given three appointments (one for each claim), and within two weeks of his psych for PTSD he got an increase from 10 to 50%; and the psych examiner profusely apologized to him the moment he walked in the door stating he should have been rated 50% at the beginning.

Only stickler is the VA is short changing him still on the award date on June 2009 when we actually filed the request/appeal in January 2008. So we're still going to argue that one; and the word is still out on the chloracne and left knee S/C.

Anyhow, just wanted to share that after my own personal success with my own claims and actually helping a veteran directly for the first time, so far so good in being equally successful.

I really hope to be successful on the other two and to me that's proof I have a lot to offer and do in helping other veterans navigate this terrible claims process/system that the VA makes way too difficult when it's actually rather easy.

Thanks for letting me share...

Troy Spurlock

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Troy I'm glad you and this welldeserving vet were able to hang in there to get the justice due. My heart breaks for those that struggle on or give up due to exhaustion. I'd be lost and near hopeless if not for Hadit.

Best to ya,

Cowgirl

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use