Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Military Id Card

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://books.google.com/books?id=TpJNJK4Pn...ans&f=false

I dont know if it is the same thing but some survivors of vets can get one-I was told to make appointment with the closest Army Reserve near Corning- as they needed to take my picture for the card.

There is other info if you google military ID card-

Many here know best how to get one-

Funny thing- this link is from the book- VETERANS FOR DUMMIES

Heck why didnt we all think of that-with all the good info here-we would be on the NY Best Seller list and hadit would be more famous then it is now-

My early days in VA OLA land sure makes me know I was a dummy then when I think back.

Has any one bought this book yet?

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

I am sure there was nothing meant by it purple. In another post there was question about ID card benefits.

BTW, the name of the book is "Veterans Benefits for Dummies".

I have read several of the pages in the book and I have found that this would be good for any Veteran. I did not know that these benefits were available.

Purple-you asked a question in another post as to how you can get the ID card-

I didnt know so I googled Military ID card and this link came up-

I forgot where I read your question-SO I tried to call your attention to the link- it just happened to be the Veterans books-

there are other links too if you google them-

I wanted you to be able to get this card-but didnt know how a vet gets one-

I sure dont think it is issued by the VA.

PLEASE take no offense-you always bring good info and points to us here-

No one here could have possibly been dumber than me when I started trying to figure out VA stuff.That is what I meant-

I hoped to find the DEERS application form for you-

but not sure if that is what you need- many here hacve the ID card-so they will respond with how they got it.

Berta,

I found this over in VA FAQ's.

carlie

Where do I go for a military ID card?

Response: Contact the military installation nearest you. You need the "Pass & I.D." section. You may need to acquire a letter of disability from the VA to establish eligibility.

Where do I go for a military ID card?

Response: Contact the military installation nearest you. You need the "Pass & I.D." section. You may need to acquire a letter of disability from the VA to establish eligibility.

True, but DoD has the online DEERS/RAPIDS Site Locator: http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/owa/home. Search by either City/State/Zip. Search will provide the nearest DoD facility with online access to DEERS and the ability to issue ID cards (dependant, retired, etc.). Your closest "installation" may be a reserve unit, or guard armory.

Edited by 12R3G

I am Sorry Purple- I misunderstood entirely what you meant.

But it reminded me -my good friend and neighbor went to Lackland with me- (USAF retired) to see my daughter graduate and he had what I thought was a ID card that said retired which he used on the base.

Anyone else here retired Mil have that on their card?

I didnt have a DEERS card and brought all sorts of VA paperwork to prove my deceased husband was eligible for some medals the VA said I had to buy at a base commissary (they were on his DD 215).

They didn't question me at all -I guess I could have bought any medal I wanted.