Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Won Dic

Rate this topic

4ransom

• HadIt.com Elder

Four years for a widow to get DIC is a disgrace and a shame on the nation. This is how the VA treats the spouses of the fallen. I heard some politican on TV today saying recruitment and retention is at an all time high. I wonder if they know about the trials and tribulations of the spouses and DIC.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The Military always does well during War Time and Hard Times. Seems like they go together.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

From the top and bottom of my heart - my warmest congratulations. I hope this well deserved, though belated, benefit will help resolve many needs you've carried since your loved ones passing.

Hugs, prayers and blessings to you!

Cowgirl

Hello hadit friends ,

Finally after 4 years of blood sweat and tears and lots of prayers. I got word today that

a decision has been made. Service connection for the cause of the veterans death is granted.

Thank God , what a relief ! My hearing with BVA was Aug 5th, 2009 and got word today Sept. 26, 2009.

Thanks to all my friends here on hadit that made this possible. This is such a wonderful site

to get information, and encouragement. All I can say is keep on keeping on and don't give up like so many others has said in the past.

I don't know any details at this time other than I have been granted Dic. I guess I will find out more later.

I just wanted to share the good news. WOW !!!! I'm so happy this finally happened for me. Thank God !!! :) :angry: :)

Deceased Veterans wife

Many Many Thanks

Edited by cowgirl

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Hello hadit friends ,

Finally after 4 years of blood sweat and tears and lots of prayers. I got word today that

a decision has been made. Service connection for the cause of the veterans death is granted.

Thank God , what a relief ! My hearing with BVA was Aug 5th, 2009 and got word today Sept. 26, 2009.

Thanks to all my friends here on hadit that made this possible. This is such a wonderful site

to get information, and encouragement. All I can say is keep on keeping on and don't give up like so many others has said in the past.

I don't know any details at this time other than I have been granted Dic. I guess I will find out more later.

I just wanted to share the good news. WOW !!!! I'm so happy this finally happened for me. Thank God !!! :) :angry: :)

Deceased Veterans wife

Many Many Thanks

So happy to hear this! Be sure to know the particulars about the extended DIC benefits, if you haven't checked that already. :) VA failed to include that with my DIC calculations, but once I notified them, the rep sent a letter of apology (what's with all these apology letters lately!) and the error was corrected immediately.

Let me remind spouses about Berta's advice: Despite the tremendous emotional overload at the time of death, be sure to look closely at the Certificate of Death to be sure it is accurate. And don't hesitate to talk to the doctor about the cause of death as related to a DIC claim. Just a little change in wording could be vastly helpful. My husband's doctor reviewed his decision letters concerning the service-connected conditions that caused death, then he worded it appropriately.

Without Berta, I would not have known I could even discuss the death certificate with his doctor. I'm not good with things like that, but I'm very glad I gathered enough courage in time to make a difference.

• HadIt.com Elder

Awesome news. Congratulations.

By the way, Happy Birthday.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use