• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, I Did It............

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

post-1306-1254622017_thumb.jpg

May G-d Guide Me.

And may your prayers be with me, that I will "Do The Right Thing", and, maybe, just maybe, help a fellow vet.

• Answers 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The Story of the Symbolic Poppy

The poppy seed can lie for years before it spouts nodding buds and then blooms four crumpled petals. It is a vivid mix between red and orange in color. These simple flowers grew en mass over the grave sites on the Western Front. They soon became a symbol associated with Veterans.

In the 1920’s people began selling paper poppies made to look like the wildflower. This provided assistance to ex-servicemen and their families. Today, the donations help build housing for seniors and support groups such as Meals-on-Wheels. People buy them to show their support for soldiers and their families. You will probably see someone selling them on Veterans Day, so help out if you can and wear your poppy proudly.

Source: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Library of Congress

• HadIt.com Elder
The Story of the Symbolic Poppy

The poppy seed can lie for years before it spouts nodding buds and then blooms four crumpled petals. It is a vivid mix between red and orange in color. These simple flowers grew en mass over the grave sites on the Western Front. They soon became a symbol associated with Veterans.

In the 1920’s people began selling paper poppies made to look like the wildflower. This provided assistance to ex-servicemen and their families. Today, the donations help build housing for seniors and support groups such as Meals-on-Wheels. People buy them to show their support for soldiers and their families. You will probably see someone selling them on Veterans Day, so help out if you can and wear your poppy proudly.

Source: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Library of Congress

Thank you.

Congrats! Please don't forget yourself and your family. Take time to refresh and don't over stress. Be good to your psyche. Remember the difficult you can do right away, the impossible takes a little longer! God bless.

Carlie, Larry is planning on resolving the backlog scientifically, in the same way the VA does. He is going to reduce the backlog one claim each year, for the next million years. Then in year 1,002,010 the claims backlog will be resolved as long as no more Veterans ever file for benefits. In geologic (scientific) time reference that wont be much of a wait at all.

• HadIt.com Elder
Carlie, Larry is planning on resolving the backlog scientifically, in the same way the VA does. He is going to reduce the backlog one claim each year, for the next million years. Then in year 1,002,010 the claims backlog will be resolved as long as no more Veterans ever file for benefits. In geologic (scientific) time reference that wont be much of a wait at all.

NAW, friends, you got it all wrong.

I plan on finding veterans that need help, and I plan on seeing that the bennys owed them, they receive.

So, unfortunately for the VA, and hopefully fortunately for the veteran, I'll be adding TO the stack of claims.

It's the VA that needs to figure out how to make that stack smaller.

What I DO plan on doing, to help the pile-up of claims, is to make darn sure that the veteran turns in a COMPLETE claim, with as much medical information as needed, with his/her dependents listed and in order (marriage license, birth certificates), a good copy of his/her DD214, all their SMR's, and any "buddy statements" that they can get.

Everything highlighted, signed, dated, delivered! Yeah, it'll take time, but a couple months spent on this end will mean a couple years less on the waiting end. And, hopefully, I'll be respected at the VA as someone that really trys to not add to the problem.