• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, I Did It............

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

post-1306-1254622017_thumb.jpg

May G-d Guide Me.

And may your prayers be with me, that I will "Do The Right Thing", and, maybe, just maybe, help a fellow vet.

• Answers 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats Larry,

You will kick some arse no doubt. Does this mean you are no longer 100% P&T? I thought about doing this down the road if I can ever sit again.

• HadIt.com Elder
Congrats Larry,

You will kick some arse no doubt. Does this mean you are no longer 100% P&T? I thought about doing this down the road if I can ever sit again.

No, I'm still 100%. This is not a "real" job, in the fact that I cannot actually "show up for work", or "put in a good day's work", or actually do the things that I did before, such as fly from Dallas to Montreal or to Newark and then drive another 3 hours to get to some little town in N.Y., nor does it mean that I can sit for two or three hours at a time behind a desk (nor does it mean that I can DEAL WITH more than ONE person at a time!).

But, it is going to be something that will keep me busy doing something that I CAN do, at my OWN pace, an ideal situation actually.

Of course, I'm not getting paid, either. Matter-of-fact, it will wind up costing me money for office supplies (a new laserjet printer, for example) cell phone, FAX and phone calls, postage, etc.

It is something that a lot of folks, right here at HADIT, would be VERY VERY GOOD AT! I COULD start callin' y'all "out", but YOU KNOW who you are! B)

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you get an office yet. I noticed that after Dean Reynolds passed that the VA took the office back. You have big shoes to fill Dean was a powerful Rep who laid his heart out to help Veterans. If you work for Veterans like you do on Hadit you will be a great one.

I was serious about signing my POA over to you as my Rep. I also will consider volunteering to be an assistant if you need one. Since they have valet service at VA I could maybe open office for a day or two on days you don't come in. That is what they do at VVA office

I am very excited that you did this and thank you very much.

No, I'm still 100%. This is not a "real" job, in the fact that I cannot actually "show up for work", or "put in a good day's work", or actually do the things that I did before, such as fly from Dallas to Montreal or to Newark and then drive another 3 hours to get to some little town in N.Y., nor does it mean that I can sit for two or three hours at a time behind a desk (nor does it mean that I can DEAL WITH more than ONE person at a time!).

But, it is going to be something that will keep me busy doing something that I CAN do, at my OWN pace, an ideal situation actually.

Of course, I'm not getting paid, either. Matter-of-fact, it will wind up costing me money for office supplies (a new laserjet printer, for example) cell phone, FAX and phone calls, postage, etc.

It is something that a lot of folks, right here at HADIT, would be VERY VERY GOOD AT! I COULD start callin' y'all "out", but YOU KNOW who you are! B)

Hmmm...have you thought about going through vocrehab to get them to pay for your offfice stuff? Kind of an independent living thing!

Larry - congrats.

I notice the letter states something to the effect of

you may inspect the claim folder of a claimant that has

provided POA to your organization

and you must observe the limitations imposed by VA regulations

in disclosing information to the claimant and other's.

Question:

What type of information might be in a claimant's file that you

would be limited in discussing with that claimant ?

carlie