Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Tdiu Granted!

Rate this topic

mom24

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA for life for spouse. It is wonderful insurance and I wish I had it instead of what I have.

Monday Mrs Pete and I are going to her eye Doc who is one of the best in Dallas and her exam and treatment will cost not a penny for us.She has Medicare as Primary and ChampVA as Secondary.She will have this the rest of her life.

There is no donut hole and she can choose between Brand or Generic. We do pay 25% copay but on really low cost prices negotiated by the Government

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
ChampVA for life for spouse. It is wonderful insurance and I wish I had it instead of what I have.

Monday Mrs Pete and I are going to her eye Doc who is one of the best in Dallas and her exam and treatment will cost not a penny for us.She has Medicare as Primary and ChampVA as Secondary.She will have this the rest of her life.

There is no donut hole and she can choose between Brand or Generic. We do pay 25% copay but on really low cost prices negotiated by the Government

Pete, check out that AMRA CHAMPVA supplemental insurance........it takes care of all your CHAMPVA co-pays.

The VA sent us the DEA application, and he is at an approved school. I'm going to get the CHAMPVA supplement too, and I also wish I could get it. I had a sinus infection a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't get in to see my dr. at the VA clinic until 3 weeks later. Needless to say, I went to my old pcp and used my medicare. At least my husband and kids will be well taken care of, and there is always medicare. Are there supplements for that?. I had to pay 85.00 oop for my visit.

• HadIt.com Elder
The VA sent us the DEA application, and he is at an approved school. I'm going to get the CHAMPVA supplement too, and I also wish I could get it. I had a sinus infection a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't get in to see my dr. at the VA clinic until 3 weeks later. Needless to say, I went to my old pcp and used my medicare. At least my husband and kids will be well taken care of, and there is always medicare. Are there supplements for that?. I had to pay 85.00 oop for my visit.

Yes, there are Medicare supplemental policies. I believe (The Nurse takes care of that kinda stuff) that mine is through Aetna.

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA coordinates with my wife's BC/BS. She was in the hospital for a week and we did not pay a dime. I pay for the BC since it was part of my retirement benefits. I just hope I don't get priced out of my ability to buy the insurance. It costs half of my miserable federal pensin to buy it as is because I have SSD offset.

• HadIt.com Elder
Yes, there are Medicare supplemental policies. I believe (The Nurse takes care of that kinda stuff) that mine is through Aetna.

Medicare is Primary for wife and ChampVA pays the copays I would have to pay.

When she gets Meds we pay 25% plus ChampVA 75% and don't use Medicare Part D.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use