Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Tdiu Granted!

Rate this topic

mom24

I got my retro in the bank and award letter in the mail! Sweet!. My rating increased from 70% to 90%, of course with TDIU. Also in the letter it states "Basic eligibility to Dependents' Education Assistance is established effective September 23, 2008" My husband has been enrolled full-time in college since may of 2008. Does this means when he applies and is approved they will pay him retro back to sep 2008? That would be sooo awesome. I still can't believe it all and I'm just going through everything write now and going to be filling out all applications for CHAMPVA and ID cards. There is an Army base an hour from us. So, what am I going to do now that this is over... I'm going to Disney World!! Seriously, we leave in 2 weeks. Too bad that Shades of Green resort is all booked up.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
I got my retro in the bank and award letter in the mail! Sweet!. My rating increased from 70% to 90%, of course with TDIU. Also in the letter it states "Basic eligibility to Dependents' Education Assistance is established effective September 23, 2008" My husband has been enrolled full-time in college since may of 2008. Does this means when he applies and is approved they will pay him retro back to sep 2008? That would be sooo awesome. I still can't believe it all and I'm just going through everything write now and going to be filling out all applications for CHAMPVA and ID cards. There is an Army base an hour from us. So, what am I going to do now that this is over... I'm going to Disney World!! Seriously, we leave in 2 weeks. Too bad that Shades of Green resort is all booked up.

Yes, he'll get $915.00 a month, back to when you became eligible (Oct. 2008, the first FULL month of your eligibility).

By-the-way, just for information's sake, AMRA has supplemental health insurance to cover the 20% that CHAMPVA doesn't. Costs about $80 every quarter. Worth it.

• HadIt.com Elder

WTG Mom........congrats.

Yes the Chptr 35 benies are great....my wife used it, my kids are using it, without it we would be in debt for life.

• HadIt.com Elder
This just keeps getting better!!!

Congratulations Mom24... I feel your relief, and i am glad that the wait and worry is over now. The pressure if off, and you deserve a vacation!!! I am very happy for you and your family.

I don't know if he can get retro Chap 35 DEA from May to Sept 2008-ooops just saw Larry made that clear already-I agree with him-he is correct.

Did they send the DEA applications with the award?

As long as he is in a VA approved school ( and most of them are VA approved)he should receive a Certificate of Eligibility and entitlement and the DEA payments should go fairly smoothly.

DEA is a WONDERFUL Benefit-so is CHAMPVA!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use