VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cola

Rate this question

babyray

Question

Does anyone knows if we are getting a COLA for 2010?

babyray :)

Edited by babyray

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder
Just answering the original question, which was: "Does anyone knows if we are getting a COLA for 2010?" To which I answered "Yes." ;-)

pr

man and I thought I was bad rofl

• HadIt.com Elder
Vync,

Cola and a Stimulus are different issues.

carlie

I agree Carlie but the "some congress critters" see that seniors are pizzed over no COLA for the first time ever and they want to appear to be doing something to "help" seniors with their higher costs for meds and utility bills etc, remember next year is an election year they want all the old people who normally do vote happy with them they definately don't want them pizzed at them since they went to that formula based on CPI there has never been a year without a COLA some years were better than others like last year we got that huge 5.8% because of high gas prices mostly from the year before and corn being in short supply due to E 85 ethanol

I am pretty willing to bet Congress is going to give the new "stimulus checks to seniors and disabled vets just hoping to get more votes next November I am waiting to see what kind of 21st century jobs program they can come up with similar to what Roosevelt did during the depression to reduce unemployment under 10% I bet we see a new jobs program that puts thousands of people to work in each state putting new windows and insulation on government buildings and housing projects and programs for the elderly anything they can to reduce the unemployment rates back under 10% just so they can appear to be fixing the economy those factory jobs are gone and they ain't ever coming back and I think we are all adult enough to admit it, NAFTA and CAFTA and all of their other free trade programs have screwed this entire nation we all are Wal Mart shoppers now and they force companies to move their products to china or India to be low cost as possible due to labor costs I remember when I lost my job at AOL to Mumbai India Sitel the subcontractor sent people from Augusta Ga where we worked to Bombay to train them on how to do our jobs and in May 2002 AOL became India online for customer calls anyway and it's all been downhill ever since......

Edited by Testvet

• HadIt.com Elder
See, when you get a cola it is rolled into your base amount of benefit so that next time you get cola that is based on new cola enhanced amount you got last time. When you get a $250 one time payment it is not rolled into your base annuity. I learned this being a postals employee. That is how the corrupt union and management conspired to encourage employees to beleive that their union was working for them.

I agree John but we all also know realistically due to the CPI we don't have a COLA coming to us, we are lucky they don't do drawbacks for the deflation we did last year of 2% if we do get a new "stimulus check of 250" it will be an attempt to buy votes for next November plain and simple