VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cola

Rate this question

babyray

Question

Does anyone knows if we are getting a COLA for 2010?

babyray :)

Edited by babyray

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my COLA early. I don't have to pay $ 3100 in Property Taxes come this January. My Medicare Advantage remains the same, ChampVA remains the same, my electricity rate should come down 25% or more my auto insurance went down 6% and home insurance is probably going to stay even or go down. I will also pay less for cell phone this year and will cut other things. My wife and I have not agreed yet to we are going to cut newspaper 22.50 a month. Gasoline is about 2.30 a gal as opposed to almost 4 dollars a gallon a year earlier. Many of the things we buy at grocery store are less. A lot of stuff is up but with all the people who are in a bind we are grateful for what we have.

I would love to get more but I am happy with what I have right now. I suggest that you look for ways to give your self a COLA. Cut some expenses if you can. I have cut expenses now almost every year for last 10 years to stretch my COLA's. I found that once you commit to it almost is painless.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Here's a link to the proposed $250 check for 2010. Something like this is posted on another topic too.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/11/01/pre...nt-with-2010-in

I got my COLA early. I don't have to pay $ 3100 in Property Taxes come this January. My Medicare Advantage remains the same, ChampVA remains the same, my electricity rate should come down 25% or more my auto insurance went down 6% and home insurance is probably going to stay even or go down. I will also pay less for cell phone this year and will cut other things. My wife and I have not agreed yet to we are going to cut newspaper 22.50 a month. Gasoline is about 2.30 a gal as opposed to almost 4 dollars a gallon a year earlier. Many of the things we buy at grocery store are less. A lot of stuff is up but with all the people who are in a bind we are grateful for what we have.

I would love to get more but I am happy with what I have right now. I suggest that you look for ways to give your self a COLA. Cut some expenses if you can. I have cut expenses now almost every year for last 10 years to stretch my COLA's. I found that once you commit to it almost is painless.

Pete,

I sure agree with cutting expenses and keeping my overhead down.

It's good to live within our means as much as possible.

Gosh - your newspaper is very expensive compared to ours.

I can get an annual subscription, delivery on Thurs, Fri, Sat

and Sunday for under $35.00 for the whole year.

carlie

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
Vync,

Cola and a Stimulus are different issues.

carlie

I know. They indicated that the proposed payment of the $250 stimulus was, in effect, to make up for the fact that there would be no COLA increase in 2010. I posted the link for the benefit of testvet, who inquired about it, and anyone else you may also have been curious. :)

• HadIt.com Elder

See, when you get a cola it is rolled into your base amount of benefit so that next time you get cola that is based on new cola enhanced amount you got last time. When you get a $250 one time payment it is not rolled into your base annuity. I learned this being a postals employee. That is how the corrupt union and management conspired to encourage employees to beleive that their union was working for them.