• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Edited by LarryJ

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing is you don't know what evidence the VA considered until you get a decision. I say if you have sent them all evidence then tell them you want your claim decided now. The sooner you get the decision back the sooner you can appeal if they have excluded some evidence. The VA called me about a SMC issue and asked if I had any more evidence. I said "NO" and two weeks later I got the award. Waiting a year while you claim sits in a pile for a year just means nothing happens for a year. With SSA records I took a copy of my award letter and a letter saying what the award was for to the VA and put it into their hands. I also took my disability retirement, my voc rehab denial and my letter from the post office that showed my retirement date and gave it to the VA. The sooner you get the denial or low ball rating back the sooner you can appeal is my motto.

• HadIt.com Elder

Whoa - I gotta see this! For the military veteran being discharged, having a persons particular service take care of 'things' for them. Like housing, medical, rations, pay and all - there is a dependence factor the way I see it. teamwork and partnership. The unit takes care of personnel things so the mission can be accomplished.

So if there is a statement like this, it could be attractive to a vet to have the VA 'agency' consider the claim soonest, but what about the veteran wanting to discharge soonest and dutifully signing the forms with that 'unit care' blind trust that 'they'll'(VA) take care of it and 'they'll'(VA) properly weigh medical conditions in official service treatment records for benefits.

I'd be cautious personally, now that I know what I do, 'cause it's been years and years to get it into my thick skull - that "I gotta work it."

Larry, what is the form number?

Thanks.

Cg'up2009!

Pete,

This is a form, unlike the regular "I have no more info" form. This is one that you send in WITH your ORIGINAL claim, swearing you have no more information/evidence. The veteran has to sign it AND the vet's service officer has to sign it.

This is not that form that you send in, if the VA is sitting on your claim. This one is different.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

That form is different. I have never seen something exactly like that before. It could be harmless, but I would want more information. We all get the "If you want us to go ahead and make a decision with what we have" letter. That may be a variation on that theme. This may be the VA trying to speed up the process, so you can't come back at them and claim there is more evidence out there they should have gotten.

LarryJ,

I feel the same way as you do. I am always looking and finding some other evidence I may have put somewhere around in my house...Like a couple of old empty medication bottles(small plastic one with the regular plastic lift off top)...which documents medication I was prescribed for 2 particular conditions...especially since these were from 1975 and 1976, they were referenced even in my SOC...WHo knows whatever happened to the Dr but proof I was treated plus other dr notes from around those years too. So if I would have signed such a form way back when, I would have been screwed attempting to bring forth more evidence.

Or some evaluations from work in the 80's and 90's.

With my hearing I brought forth more evidence. Therefore if the VA denies the vets claim, you can't ask for a personal hearing, as you gave all the informations you had and signed the waiver, so no more evidence would you be allowed to present.

No thanks...I'll wait and take my chances. I can always find something/somebody somewhere for further evidence, when I get my brain working to capacity.

With SSA records I took a copy of my award letter and a letter saying what the award was for to the VA and put it into their hands.

Re: You SSA award letter, was it a letter stating "why" you were given an award or, was it a letter stating you were entitled and will begin receiving SSD?

I ask, because our local SSD office told us that it would take up to 6-8 months for them to research it AND, that it would cost us up to $200 for the research to be done. At that time, if we couldn't get it that day, it wasn't going to help anyway.

VA, in a SSOC told us what SSD determined as the "primary" dx was....which had nothing to do with the current claim. There were 3 medical issues that would constitute permanent disability for my husband. SSA picked the one (and it wasn't the 1st 1 we listed on the app) that was closest to the date of the "couldn't work one more day" date and disabled him.

I'd really like to get a copy of the determination from SSA. Just to have it on in our records....one never knows when they may need it.

I'm going to check the SSA web-site and see how to obtain a copy. FOI should apply.

VetsLady and, Proud to Be