• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Edited by LarryJ

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Why not add the verbage "at this time" ?

I've never seen this form either.

I wouldn't sign it either, how does anyone REALLY know what evidence is in your claim file?

You know what you sent in, you knew you sent it via USPO with CMRR, or FedEx or UPS

with the package being signed for by the receiver. But.......

the only way you really know what is in the file when the VA reviews the evidence is when

you get the SSOC and it's listed in the evidence section. If the all of the evidence you sent

in isn't listed, they didn't consider it for one reason or another....

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

• HadIt.com Elder

Vetslady

There was a determination letter that described why I was disabled under SSA. The VA is required to keep your claim open for a certain amount of time during the claim process. Sometimes after you have sent them all you have you can tell them to just decide the matter on what they have and not wait. I have gotten letters like that before but it did not have to be signed by a VSO.

I'd look up that "... Improvement act of 2008" and "public law 110-389, section 221a."

• HadIt.com Elder

I would hope I could reach the point where I signed, sealed and delivered that "Certification of Fully Developed Claim" form.... What a relief it would be. Then, it would truly be time to get on with living... This whole VA thing is an unnecessary distraction.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

Oooh what a scarey looking form. Am reviewing claims trying to wrap myself up since I got IU, and I notice many times I submitted information/evidence with a cover letter listing what documents by name, date etc. But rarely do these documents show up in decision letters as evidence!. For example I submitted SSDI form for a claim, it and many items show on denial but not on NOD approval - just two peices of the many evidence pieces are listed. I suspect since they were on the 'original' is the thinking. BUT wait, the evidence changed, several peices of new data submitted for NOD.

I encourage everyone make a list of what you are submitting, use a cover letter telling them what you are sending them. Use Title, date, names, subject ,etc. Who knows, could help 'them' and 'us'! Ha.

Cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!