Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scar Question On Claim

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

Has anyone here have a percentage for scars, I have a 3 inch scar on my left shin. Monday i have a C&P for the scar, i am currently 90% and need would like to go to 100 % any ideas about the claim process for scars....

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think most hadit members would say go because anything can happen. Look at your rating letter and see how the scar was rated.

For example they rated mine using 7804 as one or two scars unstable or painful 10%.

Sounds like you were rated using this as well. Go you wont lose anything.

Check the link below for Ratings of skin.

Your profile shows you are currently rated at 90 %.

I do not see any way that a scar on your shin will

increase you to 100 % schedular.

jmho,

carlie

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....60&idno=38

§ 4.118 Schedule of ratings—skin.

A veteran who VA rated under diagnostic codes 7800, 7801, 7802, 7803, 7804, or 7805 before October 23, 2008 can request review under diagnostic codes 7800, 7801, 7802, 7804, and 7805, irrespective of whether the veteran's disability has increased since the last review. VA will review that veteran's disability rating to determine whether the veteran may be entitled to a higher disability rating under diagnostic codes 7800, 7801, 7802, 7804, and 7805. A request for review pursuant to this rulemaking will be treated as a claim for an increased rating for purposes of determining the effective date of an increased rating awarded as a result of such review; however, in no case will the award be effective before October 23, 2008.

I had never thought about this, I am SC for a Gall Bladder-Bile system operation. The military doctors could not tell gall stones from gas B) . When I got out of the military and had an attack, this young, looked to be 10, doctor pressed on my stomach and said that I had gall stones. That they have moved into my bile system and it is getting very serious. Instead of having a small gall bladder scar, I have a scar that is 13 inches long and 1 inch wide. Is this scar worth persueing?

Papa

I am 40% for my back 10% for scar and 40% for radiuculopathy left leg 40% for radiuculopathy right leg. As for the scar on my left shin the skin is very thin the scar is 3 inches long and about 2 inches wide, The scar was from fragmentation. when i apply pressure down on my foot there is a bubble that pushes out on top of the scar about the size of a walnut, after standing the scar seems to hurt and ache.

Have you filed for loss of use?

Bob