Wife Just Brought Me A Big White Envelope

Rate this topic

BoonDoc

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

It is a let down because permanent is permanent. Hope of rehabilitation is gone. I think Larry is right that if you can find something to do where you can keep trucking you will be better off. Remember, that this is the Christmas blues time of the year. I did not like my job, but I liked working. It gave me structure. Now I have to invent my own structure. I will be 60 years old in a few weeks. The VA compensation plus SSD is more than I made when working and much more than my retirement would have been if I had kept working. Still, I would rather have been able to keep working. It does not always work that way.

This is GREAT!

And down the line-if any disablities you claimed could cause possibly your death- best to get a rating as SC -if possible- in your lifetime for them.

BUT Meantime RELAX- we wait so long that it often takes time for an award to sink in and realize we can put down the weapons for a while.

But It all causes battle fatigue.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Congratulations on your rating. Just thought I would let you know......You can apply for Independant living services, through Vocational rehab through the VA. There is info here on Hadit about that under Voc Rehab on the main forum page. They can help you out with learning new hobbies and the supplies you need for it, this can help to fill you time and keep you mind and body busy, it's a really good program my husband learned to be a jeweller through this program and they bought all the stuff, and his feels a little more useful. It really helped him overcome the idea of being permanently disabled and continues to keep him busy.

Good Luck and enjoy your retirement! :-)

We are a Vietnam vet and vet's wife, we are not lawyers or VSO's we're just learning as we go.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use