Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wife Just Brought Me A Big White Envelope

Rate this topic

BoonDoc

• HadIt.com Elder

I had the same reaction. Being a psych case didn't HELP! ;)

I was so "at loose ends", it was a real, almost physical, depressed feeling, a feeling of sudden uselessness. And, sorta like you feel AFTER the adrenylin has gone away.

I made up my mind (what there is left of it, anyway) that I'd rather stay in "confrontational" mode (I'm an adrenylin "junkie", always have been! If you don't believe me, then ask my orthopaedic surgeon!), so, I decided to become a Service Officer (I'm also a fool, but, we won't go there, okay!).

I am so happy for you..........and, if you still feel "down", go to your VAMC or Vet's Center and volunteer for something. I have a friend at the VA Medical Center in Dallas that helps run the "hobby shop" and also works at the info desk. A wonderful fellow, BTW.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
Its a relief and a blow at the same time. I was very troubled to have the VA officially say I was disabled. I was also glad to finally have them recognize that my service had caused me harm.One day it will sink in that the security of your rating and the money you will get on time each month will over ride the depression. At least that was my experience.

This month my 66th birthday Social Security changed me from SSD to SSR. I was happy about that. I have been on SSD for 18 years

HEY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

YOU BE OLD, DUDE! ;)

Boon, Congrats. Lets do the happy dance, boom dada dada da boom dada da...You have remained focused with your claim and all of your energy has been consumed with this fight processes involved with this, so it is understandable you have this release of pressure/thoughts/actions occuring.

Emersing oneself in the process engulfs your total being, and when you win a change in your mind/body/spirit/psyche occurs related to this type of happening...depression may enter because your gard is down, but this will pass once you actually see your monatary benefit. It is almost a relief and a downer together like "what am I going to do now to focus my time, attention, complaints,gripes about, etc." Shift your focus.

You need to say "I am so worthy of this, I fought for it inservice and during my post service, this is my entitlement, and I will accept it as it has been validated and granted to me!"

Next get you butt working to help the rest of us too, jokingly.

Enjoy your holidays, and don't spend it all at once. Best wishes, halos2. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words!

Checked the bank account this morning...okay I'm smiling now (:

Ultra Classic, Viper...all great ideals, but vetoed by the CFO...mortgage and debt paid off..."tabula rossi" kind of like my mind sometimes!

I want to post some of the reasoning behind their decision, so later I'll black out the personal info. and get it up for those at the beginning of the journey through the VA maze.

Hope everyone is having happy holidays, and may we all see more wins in 2010!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use