Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Destroyed My Brother

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thursday my Brother Mike will have his funeral in El Paso. The Church seats 185 people and they are expecting an overflow crowd. Everyone who knew Mike liked him as he was a standup guy. He always was there to help. He was a great Dad, Now his wife can;t stand to live in their home cause although she has great memories and they had a beautiful home its not the same with out him. She plans to move to Austin Texas and live with her parents now.

On December 25th Mike in despair took his own life. Why did he do it? No one can be sure but most of his family believe it was because of his pain and the incompetent bastards who run the VA Medical in El Paso. Mike had good insurance but trusted the VA cause he had been service connected for two conditions at 10% each and after talking to Dr Craig Bash and some contacts I have we knew he would get 100% TDIU when he could no longer work. Mike went from and large active man to someone who needed help to get out of his bed. When he went anywhere it hurt. On Decemebr 22nd he was forced to retire from his job

He took Medicine to help his condition and was give anti biotics that were not appropriate for him by VA. A couple of weeks ago he was taken by ambulance to get morphine and waited in an ambulance for 11 hours and than was sent home and dumped onto his bed. He had a catheter and his wife did not know how to help him.

I cannot tell you how angry I am at this point. Mike had good insurance and I had been begging him to use it instead of the VA.I plan to dedicate the rest of my life to see that the VA does not get away with this again.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Thursday my Brother Mike will have his funeral in El Paso. The Church seats 185 people and they are expecting an overflow crowd. Everyone who knew Mike liked him as he was a standup guy. He always was there to help. He was a great Dad, Now his wife can;t stand to live in their home cause although she has great memories and they had a beautiful home its not the same with out him. She plans to move to Austin Texas and live with her parents now.

On December 25th Mike in despair took his own life. Why did he do it? No one can be sure but most of his family believe it was because of his pain and the incompetent bastards who run the VA Medical in El Paso. Mike had good insurance but trusted the VA cause he had been service connected for two conditions at 10% each and after talking to Dr Craig Bash and some contacts I have we knew he would get 100% TDIU when he could no longer work. Mike went from and large active man to someone who needed help to get out of his bed. When he went anywhere it hurt. On Decemebr 22nd he was forced to retire from his job

He took Medicine to help his condition and was give anti biotics that were not appropriate for him by VA. A couple of weeks ago he was taken by ambulance to get morphine and waited in an ambulance for 11 hours and than was sent home and dumped onto his bed. He had a catheter and his wife did not know how to help him.

I cannot tell you how angry I am at this point. Mike had good insurance and I had been begging him to use it instead of the VA.I plan to dedicate the rest of my life to see that the VA does not get away with this again.

Pete,

contact me when you get to feeling like it........sometime after the first week in January.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

I think I would try and talk to a reporter about this. As long as they can get away with these things they will continue to do it.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Pete, I can undertsnad your anger, but please do not allow this to interfere with the natural grieving you have for the loss of your brother. Keep a journal by your bed at night, and write in it before you sleep --and write in the middle of the night if your memories wake you. Take note of the memoories that surface that have everything to do with the love and the loss; but write separately of the facts of his death. I suggest you deal with the facts of his death later, long after you have warmed yourself by the facts of his life, and your emotional bond with him. This is the most important piece right now. The love. The anger and vengence, dismay and betrayal you feel with the VA for his neglegent medical care will not help you or anyone else right now in the midst of grieving. Right now, you need to be mindful and mournful and open hearted, for yourself and others involved. Take the next few weeks or months to be with your feelings. I don't want to see you adding anguish to your health problems. Grief softens us, rage hardens us. Be kind to yourself old friend.

We really love you and care about you here at Hadit, Pete. ~Wings