Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This Sunday-va Delays

Rate this question

Berta

Question

From Paul Sullivan, attorney VCS

"VCS on "60 Minutes" on Sunday, January 3 VCS was interviewed recently by Byron Pitts for the CBS News program "60 Minutes." CBS reporters are investigating the unreasonable and unconscionable delays nearly one million veterans now face obtaining disability benefits from VA. CBS has scheduled the broadcast for Sunday, January 3, 2010. We encourage you and your friends to watch this important news broadcast."

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

From Paul Sullivan, attorney VCS

"VCS on "60 Minutes" on Sunday, January 3 VCS was interviewed recently by Byron Pitts for the CBS News program "60 Minutes." CBS reporters are investigating the unreasonable and unconscionable delays nearly one million veterans now face obtaining disability benefits from VA. CBS has scheduled the broadcast for Sunday, January 3, 2010. We encourage you and your friends to watch this important news broadcast."

Just finished viewing the program and I must say that very little time was devoted to the important issue of veterans and the VA's delay of claims.

68mustang

Walcott is just another mouth piece.

Nothing new in this report, way too shallow,

they would need to do at least a full hour program on VBA

for civi's to even begin to understand.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Hello Group,

I watched 60 minutes along with my wife and we both agreed that it wasn't very impressing at all what the VA had to say. Show us and tell us something we don't already know.

"Dazzle them with brilliance and baffle them with Bull" is how the government usually works.

Jeff

I wonder how long will the black guy who spoke passionate about our plight will be employed with the VA. He's words were put on the uniform. We made a deposit. I wish I knew his name, I think he feels our pain. He is think kind of person that should be in charge of a regional office, or at least in a position where he can make a difference...

• HadIt.com Elder

I watched.

At least it WAS on the TV.

At least we have people TALKING about it.

At least it was NOT another total whitewash.

NOW, if we can just KEEP the word out there, in front of our countrymen.

I guess that I am part of the "hope" that springs eternal.

I do know that, when the "60 Minutes" thing was over, that I was most honored.

My Wife turned to me and said "You Should Be Proud"!

I am.

I'm Proud of All of YOU!

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

The following is the transcript of Robinson's statement, and the final statement of Wolcoff:

"Why should veterans believe what you say? That, 'Ah ha, now we're gonna get it right'?" Pitts asked Michael Walcoff.

"That's a tough question," he replied. "Because, certainly, some of the problems that we see in VBA have existed for quite a while. There have been efforts, believe me, to try to improve the system."

"The one difference that I think really is in place right now is that, I believe that we are seeing the advent of technology that is going to allow us to really change the basic way that we process benefits," he added.

"Why should the average American care about the fact that veterans, their benefits are delayed, whether it's three years, five years, seven years?" Pitts asked Ron Robinson.

"Put on a uniform," he replied. "We served our country honorably and faithfully. And we deserve, we deposited into America's bank account. And when we come home, it's time for us to make a withdrawal. That's why we should care."