carlie

Question

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

A couple of weeks ago this old boy came up to me and ask if I could spare some change for a Vietnam Veteran. I believe he said that he was over there around 1972. I thought he looked awful young, I mean I look like hell smack me years ago. Well, he said he was in his early 40s. Told him that he was a liar and would not get a cent from me because as far as I knew they do not allow 2-5 year old in the service and diffently not in combat.

Papa

Before I had gone to the VA, I ended up living in a detox unit. My life was total chaos, and after a couple of days there, one of the counselors was filling out form with me. She automatically checked 'No' for being a veteran, and I told her in no uncertain terms that she had better change that answer to a yes. Surprised, she did so, and asked me why I had never mentioned being a veteran before, or joined with their 'veterans group'. I bluntly told her that at least half of the so-called veterans living there had never served, and even told her which ones were lying. She asked me how I knew, and I told her that someone can't fake BTDT to someone who has. And then they sent me to the VA, which was a place I dreaded to go, considering the horror stories I had heard. That lady saved my life...

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

Phony War Heroes Break Law Go Unpunished

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/22304874/detail.html

They should pay for their lyin ways. I knew a guy in Desert Storm who broke his leg playing basketball in Saudi. He was awarded a Purple Heart, he wore it to a dress uniform insp. and was harrassed until he removed it. However, several years later he was hearing it again. It was before the Law existed, I don't know what happened but last I heard he still had it.

JMHO,

Bergie

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

• Lead Moderator

I am tired of these "Bad Veteran" stories, especially those that can't be confirmed. They insult not just that Veteran, and, the assumption is that all Veterans are liars.

I say "can't be confirmed" because, did anyone ever consider the possibility that the Army's, Marines' or VA records are incomplete or inaccurate and the Vet is telling the truth? Its not like the VA, or the military NEVER loose records, and I always thought America was where we were "innocent until proven guilty".

And, I agree that our law enforcement/detectives have enough REAL cases to investigate, without investigating whether or not a Veteran actually got a medal in Vietnam, and maybe those records got lost. The VA certainly does not have the resources or is otherwise unwilling to investigate and prosecute VA employee fruad, that would appear to bilk taxpayers out of billions, so is it ok to let the VA employees steal billions and concentrate on this one Veteran who could have possibly gotten a few hundred a month for a purple heart? I dont think I even need to post VAOIG reports of massive amounts of drugs missing, probably stolen internally, that was never prosecuted, for example.

It isnt conclusive proof, either, that the military records show that he never set foot in Vietnam, remembering: These military records are not fool proof. A review of hadit posts will likely point out dozens, if not hundreds, of discrepencies between the record, and what actually occurred, usually in medical records. Personally, my C-file is both inaccurate, and missing many pages of evidence.

Oh, sure, there was a newspaper article bad mouthing the Veteran, but there was never any investigation mentioned where this "bad Veteran's" military buddies were interviewed by investigators to deny or confirm the Vets claims.

One of those "bad Veteran" stories was just a mistake. Apparently the father said the Veteran was a seal, while the Veteran was a diving instructor. There was not conclusive evidence that the Veteran lied, but maybe he had a father who was uninformed and made the diver/seal connection.

Criminals have the right of "innocent until proven guilty", and, as far as I am concerned, this Veteran is innocent of the charges until such time when a court of law has proven this Veteran guilty of fraud, and it does not appear that has happened.

I would ask that the moderators close this post at least until such time as this Veteran(s) guilt has been confiremed by a court of law. Until such time, there is some chance that this/other Veterans sue hadit for libel. It is against the law to "slander" someones name, especially if it is discovered to be false. Until conviction, it is merely "rumors" and I dont think hadit wants to spread rumors.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder
I would ask that the moderators close this post at least until such time as this Veteran(s) guilt has been confiremed by a court of law. Until such time, there is some chance that this/other Veterans sue hadit for libel. It is against the law to "slander" someones name, especially if it is discovered to be false. Until conviction, it is merely "rumors" and I dont think hadit wants to spread rumors.

I agree with most of your rant, broncovet, However the comments to the Topic post here are of a generalized nature, other than the Boston news channel link that was used to start this thread. I believe the 1st amendment allows the freedom of the press to publish this story, and I hope they follow it up with a correction if the vets mentioned are indeed victims of a mistake. Most young people born around the mid 1960's or later can't truly understand the details of the Vietnam era. Issues such as draft dodgers and "Phony Vietnam vets" after the war were notable. Do you really think that this topic should closed because of slander????. I respectfully disagree.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

My Uncle claims to have been in Vietnam and my Dad actually was there. So this drives my dad up the wall when the uncle who was in Germany the whole 5 years he was in starts telling his stories. They are entertaining fictional shorts, but how do you tell the guy you know he is full of shit?