Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Ve Hadit

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

well i got my back pay on bva it granted me 20% from 94-01 well this is bull i was 10% rated wrong did a cue was told my claim from 94 was still open well 2001 i was granted 60% iu for the same issue. my effective date should now be 94. o no the va likes to play game they send me to a doctor to tell if he think i could have work 94. all my records from comp exam 94- until tell that i was not working so tell me who a doc that has never seen me and did not have my records is to tell if i could work 94. i put in reconsidertion with bva. but i am making call to amc they tell they see what i am talking about. but bva has to handled that call bva they tell my claim is with amc and they cannot handle claims with amc. so now i believe i need a lawyer.

i dont have any one with me on this and i believe this y i am getting all these games.so i am looking for a lawyer in dc i want him or her to be right there. mad as ---- that i will have to give so person some of retro and i did this claim my self to this point, but i hadit i have one more thing up my sleeve. i will tell if it works

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

no i have been doing this all alone my rep quit me when i did the cue. she told me dont do it and all of this this is what make me not trust the one that are right in the va. if i had not did the cue i would have never found out that my claim from 94 was still open.so now i am looking for a 94 effective date for my 60% /iu that was granted 2001. if the claim was open when i was granted 60% iu than the effective date would be 94 and yes they are the same issue. from 94.but i get the run around they granted me 20% i had neck spasm in 94 i have them now .rating code 5293 is what i am rated. but i found a lawyer in dc was a rating person at amc so hope this works sign her all paper tommrow. what do u have to pay a lawyer any way i no part of retro but what %

• HadIt.com Elder

Couple of thoughts for you.

Attorney fees - sorry, don't know.

Were you unemployed in 1994? Did you recieve SSDI at that time?

Do the diagnosis's match from 1994 and 2001? under the same percentage&rating (code 5293)

Do you have a copy of your claim file? and see what the VA stated as a decision in your IU rating?

Can you post that decision here? (no personal information)

Hope the best for ya,

cg

no i have been doing this all alone my rep quit me when i did the cue. she told me dont do it and all of this this is what make me not trust the one that are right in the va. if i had not did the cue i would have never found out that my claim from 94 was still open.so now i am looking for a 94 effective date for my 60% /iu that was granted 2001. if the claim was open when i was granted 60% iu than the effective date would be 94 and yes they are the same issue. from 94.but i get the run around they granted me 20% i had neck spasm in 94 i have them now .rating code 5293 is what i am rated. but i found a lawyer in dc was a rating person at amc so hope this works sign her all paper tommrow. what do u have to pay a lawyer any way i no part of retro but what %

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the going rate is 20% of your retro. I would not want to be sitting in front of some BVA judge by myself. I think you get zero respect without good representation. 80% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Having a pair of impartial eyes looking at your claim for your benefit can make all the difference. When you get into the legalistic areas of the VA claims process I think having a lawyer beats the heck out of depending on some overworked VSO who does not even understand the issues. There are people here who can do it on their own dealing with CUE's and other complicated things, but they are exceptions. If it is just a matter of evidence then you may not need a lawyer, but if it involves legal arguments you do.