Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthevet

Rate this question

gp747

Question

I have just signed on to myhealthevets online where you can view your prescription status and a whole lot more. I just signed on and have to go in person to sign up for more info that i can get online. Seems to be very secure.

Anybody know of any drawbacks to this online feature for vets ?

Edited by skunk

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Billy

My mother was born in Portadown, and I have some cousins left alive in the north and south. My Uncle Terence came to Canada and just died recently. I had a cousin named Billy who came to stay with us for a few months while he got work in the USA. He ended up staying for years. What does it cost these days to fly to Ireland? I can't stand to fly 8 hours in coach. I did it once and saw my Uncle Dennis while he was living. I want to see a family reunion between the Catholic and Protestant members of the family. That should be a gas unless someone has too much to drink.

John,

My mother is from Galway and my father is from Lietrim, where we lived till I was five. We came by the ocean liner Mauritania to NY.

I have gone back twice in the last five years. I still have aunts and cousins there. I looked on line and you could fly for under 600 in April. If you book in advance you can get good deals on some tour flights that have room left over. Flight time about 7 hours.

Left NY at 6 pm and arrived in Dublin at 6 am because of the time diff. First day is screwed up because your half asleep all day.

I stayed on the family farm for two weeks once, thought it would fun, but by day 4 I wanted to go AWOL. It was a mile into town and i would walk in to the pub every day.

Bill

Bill

last month, I went to the regional VA (San Diego) office in Mission valley to several offices there, including the benefits office, I filled out forms, and showed ID... I still could not get into the pages on my health vet website. I can see my precriptions, and order new ones, but not much else.. I went to the VA Hosptial and went tot he library, and asked them.. they had no clue.. I filled out another for and showed ID. They sai dthey had no clue about E-benefits and told me to go to ther regional office. I told them I was there 2x last month and fille dout the paperwork.. this lady then grilled me and wanted to know which floow I went to and who I spoke to..

She treated me like I am a moron thwe whole time..

I have been working with computer when she was in diappears, and one of my degrees in is computer engineering..

I shake and so maybe she thinks I am frakkin stupid!

I am really sick off going to the offices and filling out papaers. the E-Benefits site only gives erros and BS...

Just sayin'

:blink::wacko:

I also did some calling to some of the phone numbers last month and al the happened was the POS phone rang each day I tried for several days with no answer.. i tried different times each day.. for a few days..

what a clusterf####

Edited by retiredat44

John you know you can't order the narcotics online I have to call every month and talk to a call senter person and I do it 7 days ahead and they show up the day after the refill date on my current bottle they send me 28 days at a time so I have to remember to check the dates I don't think they will ever change the narcotics policy they are to afraid we are selling them

That's funny, because I order my Hydrocodone 10's (180) every month from via myhealthevet! They come straight to my mailbox!

B6

• HadIt.com Elder

I have just signed on to myhealthevets online where you can view your prescription status and a whole lot more. I just signed on and have to go in person to sign up for more info that i can get online. Seems to be very secure.

Anybody know of any drawbacks to this online feature for vets ?

Had it for a couple of years. It is "handy" for re-ordering meds. That's all I've found that it is useful for. The VA kept telling us that it would be fully operational YEAR BEFORE LAST and that we'd be able to check up on and make doctor's appointments, track our health records, even get our C&P examination notes.

You can order new re-fills of your meds. You cannot request, say for example, a RE-newal of a prescription, nor can you do anything else, but, I'm sure that they will have it ALL up and running, just as soon as they get more money appropriated (I guess that the under-the-counter payoffs on this project ran out before the project did).

Ya know, used to, back when, you'd hear of storys like this happening in some banana-republic.........you know.......they'd start a road project but all the money would wind up in a bank in Switzerland......so you'd have a road that the north-bound land was paved and the south-bound lane was mud.

Seen it............got the T-shirt.........called it Haiti!

Well, we have now also seen the MyHealthEVet.

A North-bound Lane.

I went to my in person authication and have been ordering my meds through myhealthevet. Man it is great and they say they are going to improve it .

You can see your refill history and a lot more if you are not using it i advise give it a try ,it works great for me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bravo6 I don't know which VAMC you use nor do I know what category hydrocodone falls into but they will not let me order percocets online I have to call and speak with a person every month to order the refill I can not mail it in nor can I do it online it shows the fill date going back to 2003 and every other medication I got or have gotten in the past 10 years and every refill but percocets can not be done online either that or they just don't like me which is possible I am a azzhole lol

retired at for healthevets you go to the Records office at the VAMC and ask to sign the papers for full online access to healthevet they ask you why you came there I told them because the video online told me to go to the ROI office to sign it they tried to tell me to go to the directors office and I asked them why the video says to go to the ROI office then the smart azz pulled the right form out of the cabinet and said well then you must have watched the video they act like we are all idiots that can't comprehend what we have watched and what we were told to do

they make it harder on veterans than it needs to be with their little games.....

Edited by Testvet