Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthevet

Rate this question

gp747

Question

I have just signed on to myhealthevets online where you can view your prescription status and a whole lot more. I just signed on and have to go in person to sign up for more info that i can get online. Seems to be very secure.

Anybody know of any drawbacks to this online feature for vets ?

Edited by skunk

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Bravo6 I don't know which VAMC you use nor do I know what category hydrocodone falls into but they will not let me order percocets online I have to call and speak with a person every month to order the refill I can not mail it in nor can I do it online it shows the fill date going back to 2003 and every other medication I got or have gotten in the past 10 years and every refill but percocets can not be done online either that or they just don't like me which is possible I am a azzhole lol

retired at for healthevets you go to the Records office at the VAMC and ask to sign the papers for full online access to healthevet they ask you why you came there I told them because the video online told me to go to the ROI office to sign it they tried to tell me to go to the directors office and I asked them why the video says to go to the ROI office then the smart azz pulled the right form out of the cabinet and said well then you must have watched the video they act like we are all idiots that can't comprehend what we have watched and what we were told to do

they make it harder on veterans than it needs to be with their little games.....

yes, with certain narcotics, you cannot get refills online,, you must call and ask your primary care doctor for refills..

I have been going through this for many years.. I did have one primary care doctor who would send me the refills autmatically... but she moved to a new office a couple years ago..

Edited by retiredat44

• HadIt.com Elder

I am really happy for those pf you that have docs that approve refills for narcotics online it makes it easier for you, but the VAMC I go to does not allow the docs to give refills online for them, and I am just happy that I can call and get a refill monthly and I am not going to cut my nose off and demand that this VAMC does it the way you all describe all that will do is have the doctor cut off the pain medication most docs are getting to the point they do not even want to write pain medication due to federal oversight and DEA.....

if you have read in the medication area John is having some major problems down in Florida getting his percocets refilled some VA docs are shutting vets down and cutting them off and I am not going to ask for trouble I will follow the protocol that they have given me to get the refills and those of you who get your pain meds filled online be grateful you are the lucky ones......

not all VAMCs operate the same way and not all dcotors act the same way I get excellent medical care in Augusta and I wouldn;t give you a nickle for Dorn they are as different as night and day...... I could be worse off and have to go to Dorn I don't so I know I am lucky.....

or like I said the VA just doesn't like me

• HadIt.com Elder

I was in this thing called the opioid clinic where I sent in a form every month and got narcotics certified mail. Then I complained about miserable side effects of the morphine they were giving me. Now I am in damned pain clinic. I have to go every month and see some new xxxxxxx doctor and fight for my drugs. If I could buy them cheap enough I would just use one of these back door pain clinics and get oxycontin. The public and the VA have deemed some narcotics as bad and some as not so bad. Be it fentanyl patch or the killer drug oxycodone or oxycontin they are all narcotics. What is the difference if it works for you. Oxycodone is the drug of choice to hold up as the drug from hell in Florida where I live. It is responsible for social breakdown of western society according to the newspapers and law makers.

I have just signed on to myhealthevets online where you can view your prescription status and a whole lot more. I just signed on and have to go in person to sign up for more info that i can get online. Seems to be very secure.

i use it for refilling my meds thru the mail. other than that, that's it. i be glad when u can make appt, get test results & make copies & chat with with your docs about your examines. i been using it for about 2 years.

Skunk,

Haven't had any problems using myhealthevet for my prescription refills.

Another handy online source is the e-benefits site. I recently ordered my hearing aide batteries there and got them much faster than I would have by mailing my card in.

Like others I'm waiting on the other services they've been talking about for a long time now.

Edited by chr49

Skunk,

Haven't had any problems using myhealthevet for my prescription refills.

Another handy online source is the e-benefits site. I recently ordered my hearing aide batteries there and got them much faster than I would have by mailing my card in.

Like others I'm waiting on the other services they've been talking about for a long time now.

Oh i have to order hearing aid batteries also,i have got to check out e-benefits !