Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthevet

Rate this question

gp747

Question

I have just signed on to myhealthevets online where you can view your prescription status and a whole lot more. I just signed on and have to go in person to sign up for more info that i can get online. Seems to be very secure.

Anybody know of any drawbacks to this online feature for vets ?

Edited by skunk

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

They didnt make me watch any video. I just went in and signed some paper. The only big difference I notice is that instead of seeing only the prescription numbers, I can actually see the numbers and the names/dosages of the prescriptions too. I never expected that I would be able to see all of my prescriptions back to 1995, when the VA started issuing me meds. That was neat.

Wow, all those features will make a lot of difference with me,it will help me a lot keeping up with my meds.

Sure would be nice if you could review your doctors reports . I can't wait to sign the dotted line now.

Just to be safe i am going to watch the movie again and it is not just because bo derek is on it :o

Edited by skunk

I have just signed on to myhealthvets online where you can view your prescription status and a whole lot more. I just signed on and have to go in person to sign up for more info that i can get online. Seems to be very secure.

Anybody know of any drawbacks to this online feature for vets ?

I began using it late last year. I kind of like it. You can track and order your meds online through this website. I do wish it would give you access to your lab tests and other results from your doctor appointments. Maybe in time, it will.

All in all, I like it.

I also like myhealthy vet. I can view records of my medications dating back to year 2002, and I think it is even possible to use this as evidence to support your claim. One example might be if you were trying to establish an Earlier Effective date for, say, depression. The VA could easily give you bull that your depression was not DIAGNOSED by a doctor until year 2007. But, you can come back and say, "Gee, my VA doctor e prescribed Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Prozac etc on July 1, 2002. Then, you can review these drug companies website. If the website says these drugs are used to exclusively treat depression, then you can say that the doctor prescribing anti depressant medication (Zoloft) is a diagnosis of depression on July 1, 2002. This would serve, IMHO, as "Diagnosis of Depression" effective date, in this example.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder
I also like myhealthy vet. I can view records of my medications dating back to year 2002, and I think it is even possible to use this as evidence to support your claim. One example might be if you were trying to establish an Earlier Effective date for, say, depression. The VA could easily give you bull that your depression was not DIAGNOSED by a doctor until year 2007. But, you can come back and say, "Gee, my VA doctor e prescribed Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Prozac etc on July 1, 2002. Then, you can review these drug companies website. If the website says these drugs are used to exclusively treat depression, then you can say that the doctor prescribing anti depressant medication (Zoloft) is a diagnosis of depression on July 1, 2002. This would serve, IMHO, as "Diagnosis of Depression" effective date, in this example.

Very Good Point.

You pretty sharp, sometimes, ya know?

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

Is the VA still screwing up your mail order drugs? I have got mine on time so far, but am worried as they put me in a new pain clinic and it is just a mess. I have a bad feeling my oxycodone is going to be late. When you see a Chinese fire drill in progress you know it won't come out well for you. Next time I see my PCP I will tell her "Just give me the dope. Don't try to help or cure me. When you try to help me, you hurt me."