Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private Insurance Billed For Meds

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vet friend 100% P & T for twelve plus years. He was low on meds & had doctor write few days to fill outside until his VA Meds arrived. The private insurance company told pharmacy couldn't pay because the same had been billed from VA recently. BTW, this is blood pressure meds & not some type of legal dope or whatever.

Where is this covered in CFR or other regs? Insurance companies don't question anything because it's the government & they don't want any problems. This just seems wrong but I don't know where to start looking.

Thanks,

Don

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder
Vet friend 100% P & T for twelve plus years. He was low on meds & had doctor write few days to fill outside until his VA Meds arrived. The private insurance company told pharmacy couldn't pay because the same had been billed from VA recently. BTW, this is blood pressure meds & not some type of legal dope or whatever.

Where is this covered in CFR or other regs? Insurance companies don't question anything because it's the government & they don't want any problems. This just seems wrong but I don't know where to start looking.

Thanks,

Don

SNAFU

• HadIt.com Elder

I use to complain to Blue Cross about the Army hospital submitting bills to them for my step kids care when their fathers were retired Army officers and thier care thru the base was supposed to be paid by the military and not my insurance Blue Cross would not decline the bills they stated it was to much of a problem to argue with the government over these bills and it was just cheaper for them to pay them

I guess they got enough back in either over billing the govt someplace else or thru tax write offs but trying to get the VA to stop billing or the insurance compnay to stop paying them will just waste your time on the phone and it will drive you nuts trying to get it stopped either get your refills thru the VA or learn to live with with them billing it to your insurance company you are not responsible for the copays and they should not be billing you for any of it all you will get out of trying to stop it is a major headache and frustration this has been going on ever since they started 3rd party billing

• HadIt.com Elder

Heck, the VA bills my BC/BS for everything including treatments for SC condtions and even for C&P exams. I complain as TestVet has said and nothing happens. I can't say what I would like to do to the VA and their crooked bunch of administrators. I have gone to patient advocate many times and zip. They told me I should be happy the VA is getting extra money.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks,

Don

Have your friend to take it to another pharmacy as it is not the insurance company its the pharmacy. .

They are just telling the Vet that so they cam receive the full payment which is a lot more than the Insurance reduced payment

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

No the VA has found a way to latch onto our private insurance and has caused problems for many.

If the Med is not expensive and or generic may be better to just keep it out of Insurance all together

RE:Where is this covered in CFR or other regs? Insurance companies don't question anything because it's the government & they don't want any problems. This just seems wrong but I don't know where to start looking."

evandc,

I know you asked the above and to no answer. Dunno if an answer is really required. Noting will change and it does not matter what regulation covers it IMHO

Dave sends