Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yaaaa!

Rate this topic

Michellee

Well finally, with being patient and fighting, begging, MRI's, Xrays (recent) I got upgraded to a power chair. So I wont have to continue doing the pushing motion that aggravates my neck, back and shoulder that stays swollen every day. I have had to go into the emergency room several times for nerve blocks and steroid. So this chair will def help me as far as better comfort. Very happy about it. The morphine doesnt seem to be working like it use too and last month it tasted funny and was a different color and I stayed in pain all day and all night until I had to go to ER I couldnt take it. That was odd for my meds because normally it takes it down some. Plus they looked different from the ones I normally received in the past probally a different odd brand. Anyway, thanks to hadit for keeping me in the know and knowledgeble about what is available and how to fight for ourselves. Thanks again to all the seniors and everyone that contributes by sharing their experiences. Have a blessed day.

Michelee

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats on power chair no vet that needs one should go without.

As far as your Meds the VA changes all the time and uses generics. I wonder if some of the meds they give us come from far east?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

I know that has to be a real relief!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use