Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Svr Tonight.

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jerrel Cook is the Host, Co Host will Berta, Carlie and JOhn (AKA) JBasser. Join us at 5:30 CDT for an hour.

There will also be a call in period during the last fifteen minutes. Callers call this Number: 1-479-595-8387.

Edwin Crosby will be the guest Speaker on tonights show.

The Scheduled topic is a Hot item that Edwin is verifying the source. If it can't be delivered then we will talk about the SPN codes.

We will also give updates opnt he proposed AO regs for Hairy cell of B cell leukemia, Parkinsons Disease and ischemic Heart disease.

You all are invited.

The chat room is www.svr-radio.com or http://www.digout-digin.com/liveradioandchat.html

JBasser.

Edited by jbasser

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks to all who work so hard on this informative radio broadcast

Here are links to the SPN Codes in case you are not familiar with them.

Looking them over, might help you be able to form any questions for tonights SVR show.

carlie

SPN Codes - Alphabetical :

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34567

SPN Codes - Numerical :

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34568

• HadIt.com Elder

Tried to get in via phone and Chatstar--No go

In reference to the SPIN or Shred codes.

Vietnam veterans were commonly given such codes on the DD214

The codes changed over time, and from one branch of service to another.

A "Bad" code from one service might have been a good code from another.

Or, a "good" code changed to a "bad" code meaning after the veteran had long since been discharged.

This went on mainly in the 1970's. Employers had copies of the codes, and might have used the wrong codes when looking at a veterans DD215.

When I was discharged (1968, Navy) the code and it's meaning were included on the DD214.

Later, DD214s were issued for a time with no codes. It seems that the codes are back again.

There was a process for correction of "bad paper" that involved (initally) removing the codes from an honorable discharge.

I assume that this was negated from the comments on today's show.

In my case, this had no effect, since I was separated with a code that translated to "reduction in force" However, using the wrong code list might have produced a "convenience of the government" translation if the "reduction in force" clause had not been placed on the paperwork.

As to the "C" file business and fraud-- and the inability to obtain justice. It has been said that VA compensation is considered an "entitlement". Obvious fraud is rampant in many of the government entitlement systems. Remember the HoRah about hundreds of bogus uncashed checks checks found at a VA office several years ago? As I remember these were checks for education benefits.

And it just goes on and on. It's extremely hard for a citizen or even a group of citizens to "take on" a government entity or try and bring a government employee to the bar. In place laws protect both the government and the government employee, and leave the government to act against such behavior. Defraud a veteran? (so what!) make a sex related comment or some related action (mainly male to female) at the government employee is "out of there", without formal due process, no less. (Saw this happen to a deserving contracting official)

There is no CHAT STAR gateway into these new SVR shows Chuck.

Mike archived them already-

Kurt Priessman had important news from VA on AO claims in a brand new directive re: Thailand vets (I posted it in the AO forum today)so we did two shows back to back last night.

chuck75,

"As to the "C" file business and fraud-- and the inability to obtain justice. It has been said that VA compensation is considered an "entitlement"."

From talking with Kurt and from what I understand, it will not continue

being considered an "entitlement" but will start being considered

as a "property right".

carlie