Va Disability Compensation Program

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

Something all should read:

http://www1.va.gov/op3/docs/ProgramEvaluat...atureReview.pdf

Hope it helps!!

;)

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015

2015- found out that I have Post Concussion Syndrome(not SC), Stationed at contaminated installations

Still at that great 10% !!!!!!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie you said, "I personally provided live testimony to the Disability Commission..." I did not know this about you. For me, that justifies the passion that you showed in your response to some of my previous posts. First,,,,,,thanks for your passion. If anybody out there has felt like they were all alone (like I have most of the time), it is nice to know that somebody else might care about issues concerning vets. I am a Vietnam vet,,,,1st Cav,,,went through the why did you make it back, the spit at etc., and it truly makes me tear up to know that somebody cares. Although I wasn't a super hero, like many, I did jobs that I wasn't trained for, but was nevertheless ordered to do, and I did them to the best of my ability. Thanks again friend and fellow vet. Larry

• HadIt.com Elder
Stretch said in earlier post

Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) increased from 2.7 million in 1970 to 7.6 million in 2003. The number of veterans receiving VA disability compensation has increased only slightly over time but the percentage of veterans receiving this benefit increased from 7.6 percent in 1970 to 10 percent in 2003. The rate of growth in disability rates between VA and SSDI programs for 1970-2003 period are equivalent.

These stats actually prove that VA has kept a lid on claims and also remember many Veterans collect both SSD and VA.

From 1970 Vets went up 31% and SSD went up 281% think about it. I still maintain that the VA has a CAP on benefits and they delay to keep benefits under control.For a Veteran to get benefits other Vets have to die to make room.

31& increase over 40 years is pathetic.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Language in the report confirms that the overall federal compensation system is fragmented. Different levels of compensation exist between SSA, DOD, and the federal employees systems. The compensation paid to veterans is not based upon such things as loss of earnings and impact on the "quality of life", a factor supposedly in the other compensation systems. This is in spite of general language in law that seems to indicate that it does.

Further, the comparisons between the compensation percentage and growth rates show that the VA has succeeded in it's efforts to reduce paid out veteran's compensation to levels that are below those of the other systems. This is in stark contrast to the veteran's compensation laws, which supposedly give veterans an advantage due to relaxed "proof" requirements.

This is just so mush BS!!! I understand that in certain cases a vet has to prove themselves. But more often then not, the VA puts the burden of proof on the veteran, making getting claims that much harder.

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015

2015- found out that I have Post Concussion Syndrome(not SC), Stationed at contaminated installations

Still at that great 10% !!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder
The DOD is saying soldiers in the field are getting paid too much, so you know vets are not going to get an increase. The debt thing is being used as a club to bash all government. We get bashed as well. We are retainers with a claim on government money.

I have to laugh! On one hand DOD, like other employers, keeps asking for military members that are more and more "qualified" by education and so forth. But when it comes time to pay, complains.

Today, a number of the requirements previously associated with officers have worked down to the enlisted, mainly the "NCOs".

In the 1970's, an Army or Air Force Captain with a family, based upon just a few years of service, might (and was) entitled to "low income" status, thus qualifying them or their dependents for such things as "free school lunches" and so forth. This "embarrassed" DOD to the point that they advocated large changes in pay.

If you intend to have a "professional" military, and do not have a Draft, you pay for it in many ways. Salary is just one.

• HadIt.com Elder
This is just so mush BS!!! I understand that in certain cases a vet has to prove themselves. But more often then not, the VA puts the burden of proof on the veteran, making getting claims that much harder.

And, with the veterans service records in the VA's hands, documents that show the validity of the veteran's claims just might disappear without explanation. To such an extent that the DOD is complaining about the VA loss of DOD property (Veteran's "Service Treatment Records"). It's past time to take the originals away from the VA, and have the national records centers send the VA (and the veteran) certified copies.