Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Granted!

Rate this topic

Lzjump

Just received my decision in the mail today. Claim for Cause of Veterans Death was granted back to February 2004. (Total grant of benefits sought on appeal). Just wanted to thank everyone for all the support and a special Thanks to Berta, she gave me a little pep talk and some great advice. I was getting pretty depressed as my claim seemed stalled. The VA had sent for a medical opinion last September and had gone back and forth for medical opinions for a total of 6 times. I, myself had gotten 5 medical opinions from my husbands treating doctors and my decision stated that the treating doctors medical opinion tipped the scales and I was afforded benefit of the doubt. They also noted a clear and unmistakable error on a previous grant for TDIU so I received an earlier effective date. Now I can finally jump for joy, it has been a long hard road but well worth it.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is FABULOUS news!!!! I am sure your husband is proud of you-I believe they watch over us after they die-

You won the TDIU CUE TOO!!!!!

I was shocked at the way VA seemed to be playing around with your evidence.Then again I know full well how they can treat us widows.

They want us to give up or die.

Enjoy the retro!!!! LZ Jump-I am jumping for joy with you!!!!!!

Please stay with us here at hadit- you have no idea how much encouragement these DIC successes give to other widows waiting and waiting.

And also to our CUe Claimers.

CUEs are hard but NOTHING is impossible as you have proven!

Just received my decision in the mail today. Claim for Cause of Veterans Death was granted back to February 2004. (Total grant of benefits sought on appeal). Just wanted to thank everyone for all the support and a special Thanks to Berta, she gave me a little pep talk and some great advice. I was getting pretty depressed as my claim seemed stalled. The VA had sent for a medical opinion last September and had gone back and forth for medical opinions for a total of 6 times. I, myself had gotten 5 medical opinions from my husbands treating doctors and my decision stated that the treating doctors medical opinion tipped the scales and I was afforded benefit of the doubt. They also noted a clear and unmistakable error on a previous grant for TDIU so I received an earlier effective date. Now I can finally jump for joy, it has been a long hard road but well worth it.

Excellent news! Congratulations on your win, and you might want to talk to a reputable financial advisor if you have a significant retro pay amount coming in.

• HadIt.com Elder

You did it. Now enjoy your success and relish the financial security that comes with the award as well as the added benefits.

J

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use