Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

St. Louis Va Dental Disease Exposure

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

OK I received a letter from the St.Louis VA saying " I may have been exposed to Hepatitis B,Hep C & HIV

Letter said to come in & get a blood test if one wants & "Don't worry" as its no big deal problem as someone wasn't cleaning Dental Tools correcttly & you may have been exposed to these diseases

I was at the VA Hospital today & my Daughter called me & told me about the certified letter I had received & what it said

I had a blood test & they said they would have the results in about 2 weeks

Everyone very reassuring that its very unlikely anyone has anything so stay calm

Find article about this below Not sure what is going on but sounds rather serious to me....Was told I could file a claim or a tort claim on this but guess that depends on the blood tests

Also, we're to be retested in 6 months

Does anyone know if it's possible this stuff won't show up in a blood test & one still has it?.....GARY

Veterans receiving dental care may have been exposed to ...

Jun 29, 2010 ... (KMOV)-- More than 1800 veterans in the St. Louis area may have been exposed to potentially life threatening diseases at the John Cochran VA Hospital. ... The veterans administration is contacting veterans from Missouri ...

www.kmov.com/.../Veterans-receiving-dental-care-may-have-been-exposed-to-potentially-deadly-diseases-97431474.html - 2 hours ago

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I too will write my congressman and raise my concerns for my fellow veterans' health and safety in St.Louis, as well as asking for a system wide look at any bad habits, that may be at other VAMCs.

deja vu, deja vu, deja vu, ... I see It took us a while to figure out that the St. Louis dental clinic photos were bogus, Someone pulled the old switch-a-roo, however, after over four decades of observation, I do see a pattern to the VA's deception and the news media's ignorance of veterans matters. The arrogance of the VA managers are criminal. We have a congress and MSM media beguiled by the talking heads of the VA.

JMHO ...the bad reporting is mostly because the media is not allowed to enter the VA grounds without permission, and really report the news. They have to rely on phony photos and doctored stories.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/01/us/01vets.html?_r=1 ... "A spokeswoman for the V.A.,... Katie Roberts, said ..."

“V.A. is in the process of standardizing the standard operating procedures for the cleaning of all reusable medical equipment across the country.”

Interesting, how the VA's spokesperson slipped that statement in. Sounds like this is system wide???

JMHO...Soon they will point the finger, and blame the "dirty veterans" for this mess. Can you imagine filling out a form and swearing that you did not contract a related illness some place else??? Wouldn't that be a kick in the head.

Commander Bob's DISCLAIMER: chances are that everyone is OK. Let's keep that in mind. We should all take the test , just for peace of mind. Although, if there seems to be a problem, the VA would get lots of research money and have a captive control group to experiment on.....

just saying... what a world ~

Edited by Commander Bob

• Founder

As if things could get anymore ironic. I swear to you I saw something on the VA's site about it being AIDS Awareness Week. It seems to be gone now. Suffice it to say I Am Aware...ugh

• Founder

Thanks Carlie - I am fighting some big PTSD demons from the past right now, those damn things had been sleeping a long time. Now there up and scratching at my door.