Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If You Used A Va Loan To Buy A House.

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Say you bought a house when you didnt have any service connection but had a claim filed.

Once you get your award letter even if it is 0 percent, you may be entitled to a funding fee refund, either cash if you paid it or the VA will credit toward principal paid.

This is news for some of us. The VA may owe a few of us some dinero.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Say you bought a house when you didnt have any service connection but had a claim filed.

Once you get your award letter even if it is 0 percent, you may be entitled to a funding fee refund, either cash if you paid it or the VA will credit toward principal paid.

J

Vets who bought their home using their VA loan need to look into the Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan (IRRRL), or "streamline." It is in your best interest, I just completed it and my new rate for a 30 year fixed is 4.25%. That is about $400.00 less per month.

JMO,

Bergie

http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/irrrl.asp

J

Vets who bought their home using their VA loan need to look into the Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan (IRRRL), or "streamline." It is in your best interest, I just completed it and my new rate for a 30 year fixed is 4.25%. That is about $400.00 less per month.

JMO,

Bergie

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

• Founder

The funding fee is waived if you are 100% Permanent. Not all banks know about this, so make sure and tell them if you are total and permanent.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

The VA funding fee is waived if you are a disabled veteran. You do not have to be 100% I have not paid a VA funding fee when I was 30% and again when I was 60%. Just tell your loan writer or the settlement company that you are a disabled veteran and they will not charged the funding fee.

If you have any questions about this go to www.va.gov and click on VA home loans.

• HadIt.com Elder

I did look at the qualifying criteria. It only states that one must have a service connected disability. That would include 0 percent.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

JMO,

Bergie

JMO,

Bergie

Bergie, that is good info.......Streamlines are easy, and rates right now are crazy low. I have an FHA and have made the call to do this same thing. Since I will not get a COLA this year, I will gain an extra 125 bucks per month by shelling out the 500.00 it will cost.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

• HadIt.com Elder

What is maximum loan value for a VA loan. I got one about 23 years ago. At that time if was a great deal. I could buy a house for just a little more than I would have paid in rent in my neighborhood. Then house prices went crazy and the VA loans did not keep up with market value of houses.