Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Subpoenaed For Jury Duty

Rate this question

carlie

Question

I received a subpoena for jury duty.

I truly do not see myself being able to due my civic duty in this way.

Several years back I was I received one and my PCP wrote out a letter for me to support

the fact that I was not physically or mentally able to do this, so I was released.

Now I have this new subpoena and am not seeing any PCP -

I took it to the Vet Center where they DO HAVE a Licensed PHD Psychologist and was told to contact my

Psychiatrist at the VAMC.

It is a bit difficult to get an appointment with her but I will try to do this tomorrow, (set up an appointment).

I am wondering why I got this new subpoena as the last one I sent them the letter from my PCP

along with a copy of my SSD award.

As rotten and mean as I can get - they really don't realize it - but I'm sure they would not want me there.

Has anyone else here dealt with this situation ?

I do slowly, pick up trash up and down our road - that's what I can do.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I got one several years ago and I sent them a nice letter asking to be excuse from duty and told them due to my mental and physical conditions, I could not be of any good service to them. In my letter I included a list of the medications I was taking and told them there was no way I could really concentrate. I got a letter back saying I was excused. After I got the letter excusing me, I never heard from them again. I know it has been at least seven years. I did not get my PCP to do anything and at that time my SSDI was just pending.

Hope this helps

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Several years back I was I received one and my PCP wrote out a letter for me to support

the fact that I was not physically or mentally able to do this, so I was released.

I took it to the Vet Center where they DO HAVE a Licensed PHD Psychologist and was told to contact my

It is a bit difficult to get an appointment with her but I will try to do this tomorrow, (set up an appointment).

I am wondering why I got this new subpoena as the last one I sent them the letter from my PCP

As rotten and mean as I can get - they really don't realize it - but I'm sure they would not want me there.

I received one and told them due to the medication that I am on -numerous runs to the restroom, ect I was excused. No doctors notes at all. My grandmother received a notice last week as well, had to respond that she passed several months ago and was unable to attend!

Edited by COOL BREEZE

• HadIt.com Elder

In 2002 I r'cd the Jury Duty Notice. My Psychologist wrote a statement for me. When the court office called to inform me that they had his statement, I asked about the status of my serving on a jury. Was told "Mr Evans, you don't have to worry about ever serving on a jury."

YES Carlie, I just did. I was suppose to have jury this Wednesday 22 Sept. I got a letter from my VET CENTER Psyc that I go to, and handed the court the letter yesterday, and they told my they would pull my name off the list. Funny thing, when I handed it to her, she only read the letter head? She said, your excused and thank you for serving our country!! Worked for me!!!