• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Ft. Hood Suicides

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/30/us/30hood.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Excerpt from NY Times:

Maj. Gen. William F. Grimsley, the Fort Hood senior commander, said in a statement released at a news conference on Wednesday that “leaders at all levels remain deeply concerned about this trend.”

Mr. Haug said that the general did not believe that additional measures were necessary to stop the trend and that the base already had an extensive suicide-prevention program.

But advocates for soldiers who have suffered mental breakdowns said the programs were not effective.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I encourage all veterans to start raising hell right now. I live here at FT HOOD and I'm Going to the local papers and Raise hell there until they start a piece on a regular basis to let our veterans know how and where to get help!!!!! and to keep checking the Military's actions and concerns!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I have read over and over that a good percentage of soldiers in the combat zones are on prescription drugs for sleep disorders, anxiety and PTSD. Who ever heard of such a thing? They send these guys back on multiple tours until they just break down and then they send them back. No wonder they are killing themselves. They can't find enough young men to volunteer to sit on a mountain top in Afghanistan and get shot at so they just send the ones they do have back again and again until they snap. How bad is FT. Hood? The army bases I was at were all bad. You can't have a normal life since you are often 100 miles from civilization and locals will have nothing to do with you. If you are married you are deployed all the time so that goes down the drain. What a life for a young man or woman. I can't understand why they reup except no jobs on the outside.

I feel so sad that the soldiers even with their better training and weapons are still facing the isolation issues that I faced over 40 some years ago. This is one of the main reasons that the recruits do not reenlist for more time or make the military their career.

Facing deployment after deployment and getting no help from the government can be draining on the mind and make for the feeling of no way out...

God Bless our young troops!

Time for a draft.

I agree -- It is the only way the population of this country will understand the meaning of sacrifice and suffering of our women and men.

I also submit that no one short of mentaly and physicly unfit should be exempt!!!!! that way the politicians and the well off will definatly

Know the true cost of freedom. GOD BLESS ALL WHO HAVE GIVEN ALL!!!!!