Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Woo - Hoo !

Rate this topic

VetsLady

Guest terrysturgis

Not to pick on the VA peoples but on the outside if something takes 8 years it's called job security. Congratulations VetsLady.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Vets Lady.

I certainly understand the frustration of an 8 year wait, because I started my claim in 2002, so this is my 9th year and counting. I will likely join the "Two Decade Club"...where a VA claim takes MORE than 10 years to happen, and is in its second decade.

I spoke with a Vet in the hospital today who filed his claim in 1973, and he will likely go to his FIFTH Decade of waiting on the VA to process his claim (that is, more than 40 years) because his claim recently went to the BVA and that is likely to be at least 2 more years.

THIS should not happen. period.

Reality is that is has and does. Seems like there are more HADIT members recently who have seen positive momentum forward with their claims.

Good thing.

When you hear about 8, 9 and a 38 year old claim, no way. Should not be.

I will say that had we known then what we know now, well .... it may not have taken 8 years. Then again, maybe it would have. I can't say for certain.

What I can say for certain is that there are alot of wise and wonderful folks on HADIT who know their stuff and are very willing to help the next Veteran.

Just as I am.

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

The 10 year rule is only used when at 100% it is not possible to link death to service connection.

Yes the VA should be ashamed for taking 8 years. Anything longer than 1 year should be an embarrassment in my opinion.

Ah - ha. Everything my husband is ailed with is sc.

I agree with you on 1 year, tops 2. Perhaps someday. I sure hope so for the future Veteran and their families.

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

Carlie - mucho congrats! 32 yrs???? OMG and I thought VETSLADY's claim was amazing after 8 years. Every day I'm surprised by something I read on hadit! I'm really happy that maybe this pain in the neck(pun intended) is over for you :-)

Lorraine

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use