Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Woo - Hoo !

Rate this topic

VetsLady

Wow - Oh - Wow !

Got the verbal word today from RO that hubby received P&T rather than IU !

RO also confirmed that request for increase on one issue was increased from 60% to 100%

and the AO issue requests for increase along with the IHD is ready to rate.

Bank deposit today confirmed retro compensation for the 100% and according to my calculations,

there is an SMC in there.

Have not received the written decision yet .... it's probably in the mail.

Still have a few loose issue pertaining to AO but our almost to the day 8 year roller coaster ride is

almost over and we will have the opportunity to finally live our lives and enjoy each day we are blessed with.

VetsLady

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Love it when a plan FINALLY comes together. Be good to yourself & your Veteran. Your job now is to enjoy life & live each day anyway you see fit. Also expect a let down (sounds crazy I know) after fighting VA for soo long. You will wake up soon & realize that you don't have to worry so much about claim etc & wonder what do I do how. But good news there is a good life on the other side of the claim victory..WOW what great news & the money is in the bank.

Don

• Founder

Great news. Now you and your veteran can relax and enjoy a bit of life. Heed Don's words, there is a bit of a let down, then there is a bit of a emotional roller coaster ride anywhere from 1 week to 3 months and then you level back out. This is why I always suggest taking almost all of it that you don't need for immediate needs and putting it into a 3 month CD then ride out the 3 months planning and let your emotions catch up. Enjoy and thank you for helping your husband.

• HadIt.com Elder

Very happy for you. These old claims bother me. There is absolutely no excuse possible for the VA to take so long.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use