Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remand Rating

Rate this question

deanbrt

Question

I have a secondary claim (August 2006) that went all the way to CAVC, remanded back to BVA and then remanded back to RO in August of last year. I have been told because of the remands it is a priority case for action. I believe it to have been at the rater since the end of January. I called the 800 number a couple of weeks ago and they said it was still at rating but that they had all of the information they needed.. It seems like this is taking too long. There were two things to be rated, so it is not like it is several. Any input would be appreciated. Three IMOs in my favor are part of the documentation and I have been on SSDI since December of 2006.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a Service Organization call the VARO and ask to talk to your SO and ask them to see if they can get the RO to move. If not that I would write a letter and explain that you are considering a Writ of Mandamus if you do not hear back within 30 days.

I wish there was something more and am hoping that others will have suggestions.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

It looks like once your claim is with the rating dept, they do not distinguish your claim which is a priority from all the others piled up. Mine was a reconsideration claim which actually is a Cue was in development for 1 month before it went straight to the rating team. And there it sits with god knows how many more. I wish there was more positive information to tell you but based on all the input from members here its going to be another waiting game.:mellow:

Mine was a reconsideration claim which actually is a Cue was in development for 1 month before it went straight to the rating team.

CB,

Say what ? ? ?

A claim requesting reconsideration can't also be a claim for CUE.

In a claim for reconsideration you are basically in agreement with the denial

but want the issue RECONSIDERED along with additional evidence/ information.

A claim for CUE can only consider the evidence/information of record at the time

the prior decision was made.

NO ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE/INFORMATION WILL BE FOR CONSIDERATION

IN A CLAIM FOR CUE.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I signed up for authorization on eBenefits to see what is going on last Wednesday. They told me it would take a week for me to get access...

If you have a Service Organization call the VARO and ask to talk to your SO and ask them to see if they can get the RO to move. If not that I would write a letter and explain that you are considering a Writ of Mandamus if you do not hear back within 30 days.

I wish there was something more and am hoping that others will have suggestions.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good luck on that one it takes those guys three months to answer a simple email question and than they ignore the question.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

At least I can see what they are seeing then when I have phoned the 800 number..

Good luck on that one it takes those guys three months to answer a simple email question and than they ignore the question.