• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ultimate Denial Of Benefits

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Link to full article:

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/03/report-vet-death-bed-ejected-hampton-va

Report: Vet on death bed ejected by Hampton VA

UPDATE Since this story was published, The Virginian-Pilot has learned the identity of the veteran whose treatment at the Hampton VA Medical Center triggered a federal investigation.

He was Wesley Hill, 59, of Hampton, a former Marine who did two tours of duty in Vietnam. According to his stepson, Stephen Wise, his lung cancer was related to exposure to Agent Orange, the herbicide used by U.S. forces to defoliate forests in Vietnam.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

i read this the other day Carlie and I hope it gets some heads rolling but we all know that it won't!

I often wonder what society will finally say when there are no longer any Vietnam vets to piss on??!!

We know how this will turn out, the doctor will be transferred someplace else and made chief of staff. The other workers will get a bonus. Bitter? Hell yes. And people wonder why I will not go to a VA medical center. Unfortunately some Veterans do not have a choice, and that is very sad. Still, like my old man use to say it is better to be pissed off then pissed on. And I'm going to piss them off by staying alive even if I have to be plugged into several life support systems. I read somewhere that this family is due an apology, maybe so, but you can not spend apology. They owe is family compensation and a lot of it. JMHO

Papa

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I feel very bad for the veteran and his family.

From the article:

In response to the investigation, the Hampton center has provided training for its entire clinical staff in the VA's end-of-life care policies.

"The Hampton VA Medical Center takes great pride in its state-of-the-art palliative care facility and dedicated staff," said Jennifer Askey, a spokeswoman. The facility's emphasis is on "honoring patient and family choice," she said.

Somehow, I just don't buy that statement. Also, the training was likely provided only to staff at that facility.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.