Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Has Anyone Had Their Appeal Go To Stars Review ?

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I was down at my VARO last week checking on my 8 year old appeal I won to get it remanded back down to my VARO for a review based on several cues and was told my file was at the Star review. The rep kind of turned her nose up at the creen when she said this other than holding up my claim more is it a good thing or a bad thing that it is there. I have been fighting this claim for over 8 years and I want this to be done I hope it goes in my favor but with the evidence I laid out I hope I win it of course. Thanks for any ideas I called the Inspector generals office and was told to call another number and that is what I got is that it is was a review. Adios...

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

oldman273,

This is what I found doing a quick Google search:

"VBA’s Systematic Technical Accuracy Review (STAR). This accuracy standard was established to ensure the appropriate processing of fiduciary activities, such as accountings and field examinations, and the protection of the interests of incompetent VBA recipients."

Hope it helps...

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

Thanks I googled it and came away with the same idea I had hoped it would speed their tails up with my claim but that idea along with santa and the easter Bunny are more credible than the VA doing anything fast or speed wise. Other than turning down veterans that is. Thanks I did have a question any idea how long a remanded case from the BVA will sit and lay around before they make a descion? I am trying hard as I can to get my claims done and over with so that this fall I can move out from where I live. I am seriously considering moving overseas and not returning until spring. Thanks again I apriciate the explaination

• HadIt.com Elder

"VBA’s Systematic Technical Accuracy Review (STAR). This accuracy standard was established to ensure the appropriate processing of fiduciary activities, such as accounting and field examinations, and the protection of the interests of incompetent VBA recipients."

If this is where your claim really is - -

It's possible that PTSD is involved, and the proposed rating is high.

Recently, the VA , in some cases, seems to have developed a practice of pre-emptive strikes that involve competency. The system can be rather arbitrary, and difficult to deal with.

I believe that it is in your best interest to talk to a qualified veteran's lawyer as soon as possible. Were there any C&P's that addressed your ability to handle your affairs?

Hello I was down at my VARO last week checking on my 8 year old appeal I won to get it remanded back down to my VARO for a review based on several cues and was told my file was at the Star review. The rep kind of turned her nose up at the creen when she said this other than holding up my claim more is it a good thing or a bad thing that it is there. I have been fighting this claim for over 8 years and I want this to be done I hope it goes in my favor but with the evidence I laid out I hope I win it of course. Thanks for any ideas I called the Inspector generals office and was told to call another number and that is what I got is that it is was a review. Adios...

"VBA's Systematic Technical Accuracy Review (STAR). This accuracy standard was established to ensure the appropriate processing of fiduciary activities, such as accounting and field examinations, and the protection of the interests of incompetent VBA recipients."

Recently, the VA , in some cases, seems to have developed a practice of pre-emptive strikes that involve competency. The system can be rather arbitrary, and difficult to deal with.

I believe that it is in your best interest to talk to a qualified veteran's lawyer as soon as possible. Were there any C&P's that addressed your ability to handle your affairs?

Thanks for the heads up but my issues are not at this time to where I need help managing my affairs. I was told it was an in house review to insure or check up on VA standards of practice. I know that the location of the folder is holding up several claims. I will advise when and if I hear anything. Thanks chuck I hope that it is not someone wanting me to be declared my gaurdian. I would like a younger one maybe but that is another story Have a good evening....

• HadIt.com Elder

Old man they are really giving you hell. I never heard of Stars and I thought I had heard of every way the VA could delay a claim. I had my awards deferred before for no logical reason.

"VBA's Systematic Technical Accuracy Review (STAR). This accuracy standard was established to ensure the appropriate processing of fiduciary activities, such as accounting and field examinations, and the protection of the interests of incompetent VBA recipients."

Hey Chuck I woke up this morning and it hit me, I think the reason the stars/ VA might be looking at my file on account of the crap they tried to pull on me. I had to fight my claim to the highest court BVA (like a lot of others) and won a remand on appeal. The work the pro bono lawyers did on my case. The Veterans Legal defense fund Not a plug just so if they contact any vet after their claim has went as far as it can go they pick the ball up and run hard for you. They contacted me after I had no where to go and filed a SOC that listed at least 10 Cues or facts the VA exam nurse made so many mistakes that I think is why it was there. I will shoot you a PM and let you know what shakes out but I bet with the way the lawyers tore the nurse examiner C/P I hope he gets the boot I cringe when I am down there when I see the guy slink through. Luckily I have not had but one exam that of course he low balled me but I got a DRO hearing coming up to show them he was wrong again. If any others get a call from the Veterans Legal defense fund it is not a scam they refer cases out to Law firms in DC and I was lucky enough to get a chance for some one to fight for me. I am happy with the way the claim was handled I might lose it in the end but I have had many a days when I was down and just thinking about that nurse getting in trouble for the way he has done me and others makes my day. Adios sorry it was so long but have a good day and thanks